PDA

View Full Version : My "recap" of a fabulous weekend ...

iloveflipflops
06-10-2008, 05:57 AM
There's so much to tell so let me start with Friday ...

I got in at 10 am. Flight was on time and went great. Lesa & Joanie were there to pick me up. Stopped at Dunkin Donuts and got me a hot chocolate (since it was ONLY 55 degrees! HA). They had gotten me a blueberry donut on the way in and that was in the car waiting for me. Yum! We headed to Springfield and got to Springfield in a little over an hour. We were able to check in early at the Comfort Inn and we ran to the nearby Michaels' and scoped out the clear calendar stamps. Later we met up with Cindi and her brother Dave and Teresa for dinner. I think we were all exhausted that night due to getting up so early (me getting up at 4:30 am) so we headed back to the hotel early. But once we got in our room, Teresa and i got to talking and before i knew it, it was 12:30. LOL

Saturday - we were at the stamp convention when it opened and met up with Patty and her daughter Chris. Chris is NOT a stamper but she was a real trooper the whole time and hung out with us and did not complain once (that I heard anyway!). Ate lunch at the stamp convention as we didnt' want to miss a single thing! LOL Some of the booths were really crowded but not too bad. I got 11 unmounteds and 4 mounted stamps that day. That night we went to Olive Garden and I had the best steak I have ever had from there. Cindi and i never did make it down to the pool, what happened Cindi? LOL

Sunday - Patty and Chris headed back to CT Sat night after dinner. I hated to see them go. Teresa also headed back to NY after dinner and I hated to see my roomie go home. I was all alone one night but I managed. LOL Lesa, Joanie and I had not seen enough of the stamp convention so we went back for MORE on Sunday. It was ALOT less crowded which was nice. On Sunday I think I bought 5 more unmounted and 2 more mounted. (Need to recount my stash) That night Lesa & I attempted to go to some local restaurant but it was packed and they were playing loud music so we ended up at Panera Bread, just before they closed and we got free dessert. LOVE THAT!! That night, we turned in early - we were all shopped out I think ... right girls?? LOL Actually, before we did that I had to kill a spider in Lesa's bedroom. She hates spiders but I just smooshed it no problem, then went to bed. LOL

Monday - spent the day with Lesa, Joanie and the other 2 ladybugs. Had lunch at "Not your average Joe" and I had the best salad :). Got home late last night around 10:30 which was later than I had expected but i got home and all is great.

Now I have a pile of laundry to get caught up on, the kids last day of school is today, they get out at 11 and 12 and I will upload my photos later ..

Oh and i will have a virtual swap posted sometime today or tomorrrow, using a cute truffle tree :). So put your thinking caps on. LOL

I had such a great time and I hated to see it end. Now when is the next Shackie meeting?!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!

Photos of the convention are attached.

From left to right in front row: Lesa, Patty
From left to right back row: Joanie, Teresa, Sherri, Cindi

emmcee
06-10-2008, 06:44 AM
I'm envious Sherri! Wish I had been with you all. Sounds like you all had a really cool time, and all the pictures I"ve seen, y'll look great! And the loot everyone is showing is great.

Paula Carden
06-10-2008, 06:51 AM
WOW that was a jam-packed weekend!
Great pics, glad you are home safe and sound!

spredbirds
06-10-2008, 06:52 AM
I love your recap and the inclusion of all of the food that you ate. :) Nice pictue of all of you!!! Glad you had a great time!

iloveflipflops
06-10-2008, 07:15 AM
You know its all about the food with me...

HAHA HA HA HA HA

Christie
06-10-2008, 07:18 AM
I'm jealous!! Sounds like you had a great time!

tojoco
06-10-2008, 07:55 AM
Glad to see you all made it home safe and sound after a whirlwind weekend together. All of you look fantastic and I am envious that I wasn't a part of it all.

tesschap
06-10-2008, 08:00 AM
Great recap. I'm glad you made it home safely. I can't believe we missed that banana stamp!

Spartymom
06-10-2008, 08:09 AM
Thanks for the recap! It's so fun to hang out with SHackie friends. Nice group picture too.

logcabincreations
06-10-2008, 08:45 AM
What a fun trip and awesome pictures!

Robinkay
06-10-2008, 09:14 AM
Sounds like you had a great time. (great food too!) Love the pics! You all look great! So where are you going next?

GrammaStamper
06-10-2008, 10:07 AM
Love the pics and so glad you all had a wonderful time, but, it's impossible not to when Shackies are involved.

cecescraps
06-10-2008, 10:15 AM
Sounds like tons of fun with great friends, great food and great shopping- what more could a girl want!?! Great photo too!!

cindi
06-10-2008, 10:35 AM
it was a great weekend!!
I'm regretting I didn't get an outlines stamp..but I got plenty of other great stuff, so I'll get over it
lol
:)

mydogstinks2
06-10-2008, 10:39 AM
Sounds like a great time was had by all!

teabear
06-10-2008, 11:23 AM
What a perfect weekend. You could room with me anytime Sherri...I'm with Lesa about the spiders. Love all the food talk, too.