PDA

View Full Version : slimming pills

dizziebee
12-12-2006, 05:47 AM
I have just been put on slimming pills by my quack and I have lost 18 pounds in one week........ The pills stop your stomach absorbing fat so if yoy eat fat you will spend a few hours on the toilet afterwards. I think it will be worth it tho.

stampinnutof3
12-12-2006, 09:21 AM
OK I need the name of these pills...wow a little time on the toilet is well worth me losing the pounds!

GrammaStamper
12-12-2006, 09:24 AM
Ladies, I've tried them all and the only way that really works is a lifestyle change, eating properly and exercise. I mostly don't follow my own advice, but I know that is the only way.

Pills are artificial weight loss and you will put it back on once you stop the pills. Been there, done that, got the T-shirt. Don't get mad at me for saying this, but I have done it.

However, that being said, you will do what is right for you and good luck in whatever way you choose.

lost luggage
12-12-2006, 09:44 AM
I don't think I would want that pill either...

One day I'll tell you what happened to me when I drank the Chinese Diet Tea... lol

A few hours on the toilet? Not so much.

ccstampin'
12-12-2006, 10:22 AM
things through the years....mostly when I was young. My doctor WILL NOT prescribe weight loss pills. He does not go along with anything that is not involved with eating real food, and exercising.
I questioned him about Hoodia (sp) and he said none of that is regulated, so could pose major health problems.
I'm with Barb...you do what you feel is best for you, but, be careful! Nothing should make you "go" so much for long!
I'll get off my soap box, and I hope you don't think I just rained on your parade!
I care, and don't want anyone to get sick from something like this!
Joanie:wub:
OK I've written and deleted this a couple of times...hesitating to post it because I sound so "preachy." I hope I haven't offended anyone who does find success with diet pills. J

GrammaStamper
12-12-2006, 11:52 AM
I think you expressed yourself very well, Joanie. No one should take offence when the intent is that we care and want people to stay healthy.

dizziebee
12-12-2006, 12:28 PM
I also have a friend who tried the pills last year and she lost a few stones in weight, she is still a slim figured lady and none of the lost pounds have been found as of yet. What she did find that the pills made her eat prperly and she has stuck to the same low fat diet which she said the pills have educated her stomach to enjoy. I too am finding that knowing that I'll be yukky for hours if I eat something really fatty and unhealthy that am looking for more healthy alternatives to chomp on. And I can't ever see me going back on or starting to like Fatty foods again when there is so much nice tasting low fat foods to eat.
Its a case of will power (not going back on the fat foods), as I like the good stuff, I think it might just work for me. But not everyone has high motivation and will power, if we were all the same the world would be boring, so I can see how alot of people could not take the pills. So if anyone has any extra low fat recipes, i'll be happy to try them out.

stampcrazyjulie
12-12-2006, 02:22 PM
I am one that has a hard time changing my diet & exercise, but I am a bit hesitant to take weight loss pills as well. My Sister took those phen-fen pills & had a minor heart attack several years ago. She loved the pills because she lost like 50+ pounds, but then she started having health problems.

I tried the Metabolite Pills about 7-8 years ago, & all they did for me was jump start my heart rate & make me nauseous & jittery. I wish that there was a magic pill out there that worked without side effects, but so far I haven't been able to find it! :)

Good Luck to those of you who choose to go the diet pill way.

dizziebee
12-15-2006, 04:32 AM
Mine are called orlistat, they are prescribed by a doctor as i have a condition which requires me to loose alot of weight to help it out. As they are medically prescribed both the orlistat support team and the doctor are being very vigilant with me. I get phone calls from the support team every week and my doc gives me a check up fortnightly too. Doctor said yesterday that she was very pleased so far with me. I am just thankful that the weight is starting to come off at last.

Happy slimming

scrappersuz
12-15-2006, 07:36 PM
Interesting that the weight comes off so quick! I may have to check into that....
Susie