PDA

View Full Version : I came a "toad strangler" here earlier.

toao
06-12-2008, 06:57 PM
Ever heard that saying? It was seriously raining some kind of hard earlier. Dh let Tori and come home about 15 before closing time. He was so sweet, he ran outside of our shop in the flood and pulled the van inside so we wouldn't get wet. About a block from the traffic light (there's only one in our town) the entire road was underwater for a solid city block or more. I was afraid I was going to flood the engine or something. That one particular part of the town has a bad runoff/drainage problem. When it rains really hard, it takes it a while to catch up. It's slacked off for now, but still raining a bit....and thundering.

Mary

Vintagegal
06-12-2008, 07:01 PM
Holy cow! What the heck is going on with the weather? I'm glad you're safe, though. I don't know about your car, but on our van, the electrical stuff is below the floorboard. So, learning from my former boss' experience.... I would never drive into high water. She did that (only 1/2 foot of water), and her car died almost immediately. Will the water go away soon, do you think? Are you guys expecting more rain?

cindi
06-12-2008, 07:46 PM
and yes, your dh is s sweety!, taking care of his girls
:)

My3Ds
06-12-2008, 08:43 PM
Mary - send some of that water to Southern Florida. They're pretty dry right now aren't they?

toao
06-12-2008, 08:52 PM
From what the satellite radar looks like, all of Florida is getting rain. We greatly needed it though. And yes Ethel, the water did go away. It normally takes it about 10 minutes after the rain stops to go down the drainage system in that particualr part of town. Our retention pond behind our shop is almost full though. Just days ago it was completely dry. It says we will have rain the next few days as well. I'm happy to have it, don't get me wrong....I just didn't want to ruin my new van.

Ethel, has your weather let up yet?

Mary

Patty
06-12-2008, 09:33 PM
glad all are safe and the weather calms down EVERYWHERE --- it's getting scary!!

Christie
06-12-2008, 10:05 PM
Well I'm glad you made it home without ruining your new van!!! I went walking this evening had a surprise rain storm hit me. I got soaked before we make it to the car!

ellie
06-12-2008, 10:32 PM
We had lots of wind and very dark skies last night. Rain and storms were all around us but we got very little rain. All my plants are dried up...it looks like you are pulling up in front of the Munster's house!