PDA

View Full Version : While shopping at Target this morning, I noticed something ...

iloveflipflops
12-12-2006, 03:05 PM
It was early so it wasn't that busy but I was the ONLY one not using my cell phone. It just seemed so odd to me that everywhere I turned and looked someone was on their cell phone just having a normal conversation like they were at home. I just don't do that. I mean I will usually answer my phone if it rings but I don't carry on a lengthy conversation while I am shopping. How can one concentrate????

I guess its just the "busyness" of the season!!!!

Spartymom
12-12-2006, 03:23 PM
But I would have to answer my cell if it rang, since I don't have caller ID., it could be DD's school. I was at Kohls today and it was packed! I also went to Toys R Us and didn't buy anything. That was packed too. Tis the season. Kim

cindi
12-12-2006, 03:53 PM
the last living person not to have a cell phone!:nod:
Yup I'm holding out, I still don't have one.
:)

inkinupstamps
12-12-2006, 03:57 PM
the last living person not to have a cell phone!:nod:

Hey Cindi! You have company in that I do not have one either. I also have no desire for one.

The gals who were in N.C. at the convention can attest to the fact that I'm clueless in how to use the blasted things too. My son-in-law to be wrote out instructions for me on how to answer it, how to dial it, how to disconnect it.

I just do NOT understand (nor do I want to!) why people feel the need to have their ear connected to the thing all the time...to include when at the market and especially when driving! :nah:

emmcee
12-12-2006, 04:32 PM
Hey Cindi! You have company in that I do not have one either. I also have no desire for one.

The gals who were in N.C. at the convention can attest to the fact that I'm clueless in how to use the blasted things too. My son-in-law to be wrote out instructions for me on how to answer it, how to dial it, how to disconnect it.

I just do NOT understand (nor do I want to!) why people feel the need to have their ear connected to the thing all the time...to include when at the market and especially when driving! :nah:

I also see no reason for being connected to the stupid phone all the time. When I go shopping I leave mine in the car. I drove back & forth several nights a week while going to college for 7 years and had no phone. After I graduated DD decided I needed a phone. For what!? This is one of my things on the phone business, you are in the grocery store, you've made decisions all your life about what kind of groceries to buy, why do you need a conversation now about what kind of groceries to buy? Who cares if the green beans are Del Monte or store brand. A green bean is a green bean. I guess you've noticed cell phone usage is at the top of my pet peeve list.
:confused:

inkinupstamps
12-12-2006, 04:44 PM
I guess you've noticed cell phone usage is at the top of my pet peeve list.
:confused:

Amen sister! It too is at the top of my pet peeve list....don't even get me going on this one!

GrammaStamper
12-12-2006, 05:05 PM
I have one in my car for emergencies. It is never turned on and I have a car battery charger in the glove compartment. One day I had a flat tire, plugged in the charger, plugged in the phone and called for help. That's what it means to me, just for help when I want it and need it. It's for my peace of mind, I don't use it for casual conversation.

Christie
12-12-2006, 05:10 PM
the last living person not to have a cell phone

I don't have one either! :wideeyed: I'm the only person I know without one! Even my 86 year old grandfather has a cell phone!!:cute: I don't have the need for one. If you can't catch me while I'm at home then your just not trying hard enough!:grin:

shuggy
12-12-2006, 05:15 PM
i admit...i'm a cell phone junkie!! :nod:

suzi_f
12-12-2006, 07:08 PM
I swear, I was in the b/r at Target once & the woman in the stall next to me answered her cell phone while on the toity!!! There is NO ONE I want to talk to while doing my "business", let alone in a VERY public restroom!!! ICK!!! I'd have to disenfect my phone afterwards. DOUBLE ICK!!!

cindi
12-12-2006, 07:12 PM
Suzi..your right YUCKO!!
too funny..do you think some people just don't think??
LOL

lost luggage
12-12-2006, 07:34 PM
So everyone in Target is on the phone...you know what I noticed today? EVERYONE behind the wheel is also on the phone!

Erin K
12-12-2006, 07:58 PM
Everyone is on the phone all the time, My least favorites are:

In the car of course
While at dinner, especially with ME
Walking around with another person who is also on the phone...

We have a pay as you go and only use like 10 minutes a month or something. My parents INSISTED when we had Stephen that we get one.

My father-in-law who recently passed always said, "why do I need one for emergencies, everyone else has one" And one time he broke down and would you know it, someone else stopped and called AAA for him! He didn't need one after all!

teabear
12-12-2006, 08:06 PM
I was in the public bathroom at an outlet mall just over a week ago and there were 2 different people in stalls having loud conversations on their phones...ewwwwww! I also really take offense to cell phones in any type of restaurant or even worse in a National Park...this happened last month. Disneyland is another one we ran into recently. I just simply don't get it. I'm a quick say what you need to phone person.

mahodgman
12-12-2006, 08:19 PM
I also have some cell phone pet peeves! I hate to answer my phone if I am in a store, and I really hate being stuck in front of or behind someone in line who is carrying on a big long conversation. Please! I drive a stick shift car, so I usually have to pull over to use the phone. I need my hands, you know. I like having a phone to use if I need to, and I like being able to check in at home when I away, but don't expect me to chit chat about any old thing because I won't!

Erin K
12-12-2006, 10:50 PM
I just accidentally typed a huge story about my pregnant friend here!

I also hate when people are on the phone when they are checking out in line. I'm like "Hang up the phone and talk to this real life person in front of you!" I hated it when I was working retail. I always wanted to just skip them and check out the next person in line!

flyingflower
12-13-2006, 01:10 PM
I use it for OUTGOING calls only - I figure it costs the same as using a payphone. I tell everyone to let me know 1st if they need to call me, then I'll have it on - lol!

shurlyjean
12-13-2006, 07:39 PM
I was driving through the bank parking lot one day and everywhere I turned someone was TALKING on their cell phone....:chatterbox: :chatterbox: :chatterbox: . I guess we are in the INFORMATION AGE!!!

Shirley

Erin K
12-13-2006, 09:25 PM
And don't forget a few months back when I almost hit that todler in the parking lot because his dad was on the phone and wasn't watching his kid cross the parking lot at night in the dark and the kid was shorter than the front of my car and I cried for hours about how close I came to killing that kid and the dad just didn't even get off the phone and I almost had to get out of my car and stuff the phone down his throat, but then my own kids would have their mommy in jail and that's not good either. :mad: :mad: