PDA

View Full Version : WOWEE! have you seen the new Mystery Challenge video tutorial?

loobylou
06-20-2008, 09:30 AM
LOOK (http://www.stamp-shack.com/dynamics/) HERE if you want to be blown away by Donna's (Countrycowgirl) simply amazing Alcohol inks tutorial.
I cannot wait to play. You all know I love playing with alcohol inks. I have never seen that technique before.
But before I can start I need to know- what is craft sheet?

loobylou
06-20-2008, 09:37 AM
what can I use instead of a craft sheet? I just looked at the prices of the craft sheet that Tim Holtz uses- my local store wants $33.95 :chatterbox:
can I use Baking paper?

I want to play right now!

allinkdup
06-20-2008, 10:13 AM
At a stamp show they were demo'ing using wax paper and paper towels underneath the wax paper.

Far North
06-20-2008, 10:35 AM
YES, doesn't Donna's technique look great!!!!

The craft sheet is telfon so inks stay on the surface and is very easy to clean up. Thankfully it is less than $20 here and is available at stores where one can always get at least a 40% discount. I use my so much it is always out. But I agree your baking paper should do the same thing.

Have fun stamping!...Jan

limeyscrapper
06-20-2008, 10:36 AM
You can use wax paper, or any kind of plastic that does not absorb the ink. I use the lid from a large icecream pail!
And yes - amazing - it is a great tutorial video Donna. Thank you so much for sharing that technique with us.

teabear
06-20-2008, 10:37 AM
Thanks for the link. I was so frustrated trying to find it this morning. Can the CT put a link in the mystery challenge page?

Edit to add: OOPS....I see now that the video is on the mystery challenge page. Guess I had better get some caffeine in me this morning.

Last Edit.....wowza! That's a fantastic tutorial. It really makes a beautiful background. Thanks Donna.

loobylou
06-20-2008, 10:44 AM
You can use wax paper, or any kind of plastic that does not absorb the ink. I use the lid from a large icecream pail!
And yes - amazing - it is a great tutorial video Donna. Thank you so much for sharing that technique with us.

Ahhh, an icecream container lid- I can do that!
Thanks so much for your help.

Far North
06-20-2008, 05:44 PM
Wow did you see Chris's/limeyscrappy's new post in the gallery sharing the card she made with this technique?...Wowsiers this is a fantastic card!
Thanks for playing! And another thanks to Donna too for the great tutorial!

cindi
06-20-2008, 05:55 PM
fantastic video tutorial! thanks Donna
:)

dreis1
06-20-2008, 06:50 PM
This technique is just awesome. I need to get some of those scenery stamps. Thanks Donna. Glinda

iloveflipflops
06-20-2008, 07:27 PM
WOW is exactly what I am saying this very second. I am now asking myself why did I sell Christie ALL of my alcohol inks?!?! LOL (Was it to you Christie? I can't remember). Thanks for sharing this awesome tutorial. You really do make it look easy...

emmcee
06-20-2008, 10:25 PM
Wow! I think I can do that. I'm going to try in the morning. I've got a busy morning in my shop! :idea: I think I have some kind of stamps that will work.

countrycowgirl
06-21-2008, 12:38 AM
You don't even need scenery stamps ladies, I did two samples with the flowers to show that it does not need to be a scene, it sure makes vibrant backgrounds.. .look forward to seeing your creations ladies! And it is easy and quick too!!!;)

Glad you all like it!

threefriends91
06-21-2008, 01:15 AM
Wow Donna thank you so much this is awesome technique its so beautiful and you make it look easy with you step by step..Thanks so much..

kimmyqtgirl
06-21-2008, 07:58 PM
WOW that's awesome! And it looks so simple I can't wait to try it this weekend.