PDA

View Full Version : How do you put fun flock on?

iloveflipflops
06-22-2008, 05:29 AM
i think i may have asked this before but i can't remember. I am thinking I need some brown fun flock for all these Riley moose I have acquired!!

LOL

Artyfarty
06-22-2008, 05:32 AM
You can use not so wet glue..a quickie glue pen is what i norm use. If you use wet glue wait for it to go off a bit then apply the fun flock and shake off excess.

HeatherJ
06-22-2008, 08:12 AM
I also have some heat and stick powder. I stamp the image with versamark, sprinkle the powder on, shake off excess, heat it til its sticky, then add the flock. heat a little again.

hutchink
06-22-2008, 09:47 AM
Red line tape will work too!

iloveflipflops
06-22-2008, 09:49 AM
so if i put it on with red line tape (I do have that) does it need to be heat setted or just stick it on and its on?

GrammaStamper
06-22-2008, 10:14 AM
Sherri, I would think with the tape that you just put on the tape and cover it with Fun Flock, shaking off the excess.

Erin K
06-22-2008, 10:35 AM
You don't have to heat it, just stick it on. If you use a wet glue, same thing. I think only that stick inkpad thing has to be heated.

hutchink
06-22-2008, 10:55 AM
Yeah if you use red line tape, you just rub it in. NO heat set! You can make it look like velvet. You can stamp on the fun flock on the red line tape too! It is very cool!

tojoco
06-22-2008, 11:43 AM
It's pretty cool. I just bought some brown fun flock last night to use on my Changitos.

allinkdup
06-22-2008, 11:57 AM
I have one of those blue zig pens that I use :)

Paula Carden
06-22-2008, 12:02 PM
At Archivers the other night I saw those Penguins that we have with the hula stuff with black fun flock -they were really cute but do you think that they had a bottle of black left- NOPE- the girl says I can put you on the waiting list- I said I am 5 hours away and she said- Oh not a good idea-we laughed.

Paula Carden
06-22-2008, 12:05 PM
Sherri -this is from the Stampendous Website

"

FUN FLOCK
How do I use Fun Flock?
Fun Flock can be applied by covering the area to be flocked with a double sided adhesive sheet, such as Peel N' Stick. Cover the entire area with flock, pressing or brayering in for even coverage. You can then stamp the surface, cut out or punch out. Use double-sided tapes or adhesive applicators to add stripes and borders. Apply flock to the sticky side of Class A'Peels™ stickers to make fuzzy shapes.
Fun Flock may also be applied by using Dimensional Magic or glue on the areas to be flocked. Sprinkle Fun Flock generously over and tap off excess. Set aside to allow Dimensional Magic/glue to dry, then brush away excess flock.When using multiple colors on one project, work from darkest colors to the lightest.
How can I flock a stamped image?

Stamp the image using a pigment ink (such as VersaMark by Tsukineko) and sprinkle with Stamp N' Bond embossing powder. Use a heat tool to melt the powder just until it starts to turn shiny and immediately pour flocking over the surface. Pressing the flock into the adhesive will give better coverage. Brush away excess."