PDA

View Full Version : Remember our stolen grill?

toao
06-23-2008, 01:59 PM
Okay, remember I posted a week or so about being robbed and how someone stole our grill from our carport? Well last night at church we were talking about it to our best friends and telling them how on Saturday we had installed an automatic gate opener to keep people from driving right in......when my BFF asked Billy when was the last time we used it. Sometime in February when we had our Sunday School class over for a fellowship. Then the next month Angie came over and had a yard sale at my house (Because of the location) and I had pushed the grill all the way in the very back of the carport so no one would ask about it. (We have a 2 car area and one of them goes far enough back to keep our boat as well.) So just instinctively I asked Billy if when he put the boat back under the carport did he maybe leave the grill back there. He said he "called himself looking" but didn't see it. Normally it's kind of in front of the boat, so that's what made him think someone stole it. So sure enough, when we got home from church last night, I double checked and there was our grill, tucked safely behind the boat where no one can even get to it. So he felt like a total jerk for accusing someone of stealing it and I felt like an idiot for not thinking of that in the first place. He's mad because he's spent about $700 + on a new gate opener for "nothing".....which I actually think is a great investment. So that's the end of my story.

Mary

teabear
06-23-2008, 02:16 PM
So glad that you "found" your grill just in time for summer BBQ! Now your home is more secure, too. LOL...it sounds like something I would do. I could hide my own easter eggs.

Christie
06-23-2008, 02:19 PM
Well at least it's there and you know that knowone was around your place snooping!

ccstampin12
06-23-2008, 02:25 PM
That's a relief~ I know you feel kind of paranoid when you think something is missing. Something we had under our deck is missing...nothing worth anything, but it WAS there...and we are suspecting the yard guys.....but who knows...it could turn up someplace else!
(not behind our boat, though, because we don't have one!!! LOL)
Joanie

threefriends91
06-23-2008, 02:25 PM
Oh Mary we all do things like this..l'm so glad you found it before you bought a new one..and l agree now your home is safe..sounds like everything worked out for the best..

GrammaStamper
06-23-2008, 03:30 PM
Well, that sounds like something I could so easily do. But with me, it's age and you don't have that excuse! LOL! I'm glad you found it and can begin enjoying BBQs again.

Vintagegal
06-23-2008, 03:50 PM
Holy moley! Oh dear........... Well, at least you have your grill, safe and sound. I think everyone has 'misplaced' things from time to time, and we all jumped to conclusions about what happened. At least you've got your grill back.

cindi
06-23-2008, 04:27 PM
I could so do something like that!
lol
well the good news is you don't have to buy a new grill..and the old one will be safe!
:)

maxiesmom
06-23-2008, 06:32 PM
All's well that ends well, eh Mary?? Glad you weren't robbed after all.

Patty
06-23-2008, 08:35 PM
Boy--I wish that would happen to me. My dh gave me a beautiful diamond wedding band to replace the original rings about a year before he passed away. Sooooo, to make sure I wouldn't loose the originals, I put them where I was sure they were safe and couldn't be stolen. Well guess what??? Now I cannot find them. I feel terrible about it--it was white gold, a plain band and a solitare stone engagement ring. I've been thinking about moving b/c the years are going by and I have 2 full flights of stairs. I'd be better off on one floor, but I don't dare move b/c I can't find the rings!!