PDA

View Full Version : Stampaway in Cincinnati

Paula Carden
07-04-2008, 09:43 AM
Is anyone going to the Stampaway weekend in Cincinnati Aug 7-9?
I have signed up for two classes and the preview shopping party on Fri.
I will arrive Thurs afternoon in time for class and leave Sat eve or Sun am.
Sounds like fun!

allinkdup
07-04-2008, 10:12 AM
I am going to be working one of the booths there! I will be working for Sperkle N Sprinkle.

I have been to this show in the past, both as a vendor and as a customer, I think it is the best show ever!

iloveflipflops
07-04-2008, 10:28 AM
I've never been to it but I've heard lots of people say its the best show ever. If it wasn't so far I would love to go but I think its 8 he drive at least.

Paula Carden
07-04-2008, 10:47 AM
Awana - I will stop and in your booth and see if I see you!

directmailscrapper
07-04-2008, 10:48 AM
I will be on vacation -- is this an annual event? Always in Cinncinati? Same weekend? Maybe next year???? Sounds like a ton of fun!

Paula Carden
07-04-2008, 10:54 AM
Yes, as far as I know same weekend- and has been going on for a while.
My DH and doggy will drive with me- it is about 6 hours-they will stay at the hotel while stamp and shop.

allinkdup
07-04-2008, 12:26 PM
Paula, are you going to the stamp store for the classes or at the convention center?
The Friday night pre-show is AWESOME!!!!

Paula Carden
07-04-2008, 03:50 PM
Thursday and Fri classes are at the La Quinta, then Fri eve the shopping preview party.
Sounds exciting!!

iloveflipflops
07-11-2008, 09:10 PM
Traci and I were just talking about this today. How far is it from me Paula? Is there a website? Just curious ...

allinkdup
07-11-2008, 09:12 PM
here ya go:

http://stampawayusa.com/

iloveflipflops
07-11-2008, 09:42 PM
Oh ... its 483 miles from me .... says 8 hrs, 19 min. :(

Aw, here are the stamp vendors: http://www.stampawayusa.com/SAUSA/binder2.pdf

Paula Carden
07-11-2008, 10:45 PM
I will give you all the details when I go.
Maybe next year we can a Shack Meet there-it is about 5.5 hours from WNC- so yea a little more for you Sherri.
Marco's is a great store, I was there 4 or 5 years ago. They had just had the StampAway when I was there-

HeatherJ
07-12-2008, 09:29 AM
That sounds like a fun trip! Enjoy!

workin4stamps
07-12-2008, 10:11 PM
I told my husband that Sherri wanted me to go to Cincinnati for the weekend. That is like 5 days after I get back from SU convention!!!!!!!!

Sherri told her husband that I wanted her to go to Cincinnati for the weekend.

Something fishy is going on here! Someone is up to no good!

iloveflipflops
07-14-2008, 04:52 PM
Ok everybody ... Traci and I are both going to this stamp convention in Cincy. I asked my DH and he said sure and Traci's DH said why not!? So we have our room booked and we are going August 9th!!!

My aunt and uncle live within 8 miles of the stamp show so I am going to get together with them for a days. It is my dad's brother and my favorite uncle so I am real excited to see them too...

Can't wait. Need to put a ticker down in my signature if I remember how!!! LOL

Paula Carden
07-14-2008, 04:56 PM
That sounds like when growing up you would ask your mom and she would say ask your dad-vice-versa- then soon we caught to saying I did and he/she said it was ok if you say ok.
I can't wait to meet both of you in person.
I am going to take some classes-thurs (1 in the late afternoon, Fri 1 in the am, Fri even preview party) but we will have to meet up on Sat.
It will be fun!

Paula Carden
07-14-2008, 04:59 PM
Traci-how far is the drive for you?

Robinkay
07-24-2008, 11:41 AM
So who all is going to Stampaway USA? Why is this convention so much better than the others?

workin4stamps
07-24-2008, 11:43 AM
Traci-how far is the drive for you?

Sorry Paula!! I never saw this post till now....

It is only about a 3 hour drive for me.

:-)

iloveflipflops
07-24-2008, 11:45 AM
Traci, me, Paula and Awna will be working the show. (Only Awna is working the show) That's all I know so far. Why, you wanna come Robin? You and Chris can come ya know. I will tell ya where we're staying. Its $80 a night and Traci and I are sharing a room. Its 2 stories. They have at least 50 vendors there and lots of make & takes I have heard but its only one day so I am sure it will be very crowded. Come on, you should come :)

Robinkay
07-24-2008, 11:51 AM
I tried to talk Chris into it BUT she said she might have to work & she said she didnt have any $ SO I said I would run the garage sale and whatever $ we get we will use it for gas money and getting stuff at the convention. I am sure I have to work but I am willing to call in on Saturday and say that I'm sick.(I have about 5 hours of personal time left I can use) It is about a little over 4 hours one way...not bad. But We could only come for the day. What booths are you guys working?

iloveflipflops
07-24-2008, 12:03 PM
I went back and edited my post because it does sound like we are all working the show. But just Awna is working at the Sparkle and Sprinkle booth (is that the right name?).

iloveflipflops
07-24-2008, 12:15 PM
Here is a list of the vendors again. There are a TON of my favorites!!!

http://www.stampawayusa.com/SAUSA/binder2.pdf

iloveflipflops
08-02-2008, 02:43 PM
This time next Saturday Traci and I will be knee deep in stamps!!! LOL At the stamp convention in Cincinnati that is :). I hope we can meet up with Paula and Awna, we will definitely come visit you at your "station" :).

I can't wait!!! My DH's business partner said I could drive his Hybrid Camry if I want to but I don't know if I will be too nervous .... I should just stick to my van since I know it :).But it sure would be nice to get better gas mileage.

Paula, when are you leaving? Thursday? I leave Thurs at 6 am :)

tojoco
08-02-2008, 03:06 PM
Hey Sherri, are you driving to Cincinnati via Memphis? LOL

iloveflipflops
08-02-2008, 03:36 PM
Nope ... I believe that's the l-o-n-g way!! LOL

cindi
08-02-2008, 05:16 PM
Cindi wants to go!!!
why do I ahve to live so far away from everything???:sad:
I hope you gals haev a fab time!! take pics to share with us
:)

Paula Carden
08-02-2008, 05:37 PM
Cindi
I wish you lived closer!
It will be loads of fun! It is only about 4 hours from Knoxville Tenn.
I am leaving early Thurs, as I have signed up for a 4:00 pm class.
Hopefully on Sat I will at least get to meet in person Traci, Sherri and drop by Sparkle and Shine's Booth

directmailscrapper
08-02-2008, 06:04 PM
Hope you ladies have a fabulous time -- I'm sure you will! It's so exciting to meet up with fellow Shackies! I'll be thinking of you all! Enjoy your classes -- I looked at the schedule and I'm green with envy. Make sure you share what you learn with the rest of us!

mydogstinks2
08-02-2008, 06:45 PM
a little birdy told me that there may be other shackies there too!

Paula Carden
08-02-2008, 09:45 PM
Thanks Nancy- I hope to learn something new or just something new to me.

Chris -are you coming?
I would love to me others too. Last Aug I did the Nova Scotia Meet and it was great to see the ladies from the Shack.

Paula Carden
08-02-2008, 09:48 PM
Yes Sherri we probably will leave at about 6:00. I want to be there in time for my class-which I can't remember the name of right now.
We are staying at the Drury instead of Red Roof-DH was on the net today and said Red Roof had some bad reviews.

So you will get in on Fri evening? I will be going to the Fri eve event but I will be at the convention Sat am.

workin4stamps
08-02-2008, 10:03 PM

Such as? As in?

iloveflipflops
08-02-2008, 10:14 PM

Other shackies?!?!?

AS IN CHRIS AND ROBIN MAYBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????

WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is this it?!?!??!?!?!?!?!

iloveflipflops
08-02-2008, 10:15 PM
Yes Sherri we probably will leave at about 6:00. I want to be there in time for my class-which I can't remember the name of right now.
We are staying at the Drury instead of Red Roof-DH was on the net today and said Red Roof had some bad reviews.

So you will get in on Fri evening? I will be going to the Fri eve event but I will be at the convention Sat am.

I am leaving early Thursday morning and spending Thurs night with my aunt and uncle who live in Fairfield. Friday I am spending the day with my friend Missy until Traci gets there so I should be all checked into the hotel by 5 pm :).

scraphappy908
08-02-2008, 10:19 PM
Sounds like you ladies will have a blast. Cinncinatti is only about 6 hours from me....hmmm I'm not sure. I'll have to think it over and discuss it with dh.

iloveflipflops
08-02-2008, 10:26 PM
Amy ... come!!!! Its one of the best shows I have heard!!! Come on, don't you wanna meet ME!??!?!?!??!?! LOL

scraphappy908
08-02-2008, 10:28 PM
Sherri, I would love to finally meet you in person. It seems like we've known each other for a long time......all the way back to our PCMB days! Let me get back to you on it.

Paula Carden
08-03-2008, 07:25 AM
Come on girls-the more the merrier!

iloveflipflops
08-03-2008, 09:49 AM
Amy what did you find out? I am on pins & needles!!!

scraphappy908
08-03-2008, 12:48 PM
Sherri, As much as I would love to jump in the car and come, I'm not able to make it. Hubby has to work that weekend and my dd goes for her first on road driving lesson Sat. morning with the instructor and two other students! I have to be sure to get her there.
I'm so bummed. :(
Have fun without me. I'll be there in spirit.

Well, there's always Shackapalooza 09 next May!

iloveflipflops
08-03-2008, 01:04 PM
Oh drats!!! But I do understand ... yes I will meet you for sure in May :)

scraphappy908
08-03-2008, 01:14 PM
I should have known not to get my hopes up and I'm sorry if I got yours up as well.
(Super-Duper Bummed)

iloveflipflops
08-03-2008, 01:26 PM
Yes you did get my hopes up and now I am super-super-duper duper bummed! :(

iloveflipflops
08-06-2008, 07:07 PM
I'm all packed and ready to go ... actually, my suitcases are all packed and the doggies are all looking kinda sad like they wanna go too... lol

I plan to leave by 6 am since they get me up at 5 am anyway... can't wait to see everyone Saturday :)..... Traci i will see Friday night... I will see my aunt and uncle tomorrow afternoon and spend the afternoon and night with them. Friday I will spend the day with my friend Missy and I plan to go get our convention tickets so we have those early and won't have to wait in a long line. I will have my cell phone with me if any plans change (which they better not!)

Paula Carden
08-06-2008, 07:55 PM
Okay- drive safe- you have my cell number too right.
I will go to bed early tonight but I am excited too.

allinkdup
08-06-2008, 08:33 PM
Man, I wish I didn't have to work the entire weekend so I could hang out & shop with ya'll!

iloveflipflops
08-07-2008, 05:06 AM
I'm up and ready to hit the road. The dogs woke me up extra early at 4:30, what are they thinking? LOL

workin4stamps
08-07-2008, 05:59 AM
Sherri---drive safely! See you tomorrow night!

Paula Carden
08-07-2008, 08:32 AM
We are about 3 hrs out of Cincinnati as my DH got me up extra early too. I slept til Knoxville when we stopped for breakfast.
see you sat

mydogstinks2
08-07-2008, 08:41 AM
drive safe ladies!!

Paula Carden
08-07-2008, 08:52 AM
We are about 3 hrs out of Cincinnati as my DH got me up extra early too. I slept til Knoxville when we stopped for breakfast.
see you sat

Jadyeebugsaunt
08-07-2008, 01:23 PM
OK Ladies have fun be safe! Traci say hey as you drive past Mansfield, Or maybe we will pass you on the road. We have to go to Delpos to get Megan Friday.

Paula Carden
08-07-2008, 08:05 PM
I had my first class this evening- DP Artworks. It was fun and we made about 9 cards. Tomorrow I have a Verses Class at 8:00 am and then the Preview Party tomorrow evening.
Hopefully then Sat I will meet Sherri, Traci and Awana and Robin and more Shackies I hope.

allinkdup
08-07-2008, 08:13 PM
I will be dressed in my PJ's!

cindi
08-07-2008, 08:16 PM
Paula..keep the updates coming! I love reading them

iloveflipflops
08-07-2008, 08:43 PM
I made it in about 8 hours!!! The weather is just beautiful here. Its in the low 80's and low humidity!! Getting down to upper 50's tonight. I told my aunt and uncle I wanna sleep in a tent tonight in their back yard!! LOL

I had heavy rain all the way through WV but then sunny skies the rest of the way. They took me out for chinese for dinner. It was yummy but i didnt' eat much.

I'm getting sleepy now but could it be because i've been up since 4 am????

CharityHand
08-07-2008, 09:25 PM
Hope you guys are having a good time!!

Paula Carden
08-08-2008, 11:18 AM
just came back from another class- this was Verses. She taught us about different folds and word stamps etc.. We again made about 10 cards.
Plus another free stamp- wow. -
Tonight is the preview party- I will head over to Awna's booth as I want to meet her.
There will be me and 499 more peole plus vendors there to shop. The people I have talked to say it is fantastic and tomorrow there will be hundreds of people.
It will be on 2 levels- it starts at 8:00 pm and I am told lots of make and takes plus food. Who wants to eat when you can by stuff.

iloveflipflops
08-08-2008, 03:50 PM
Can't wait to hear all about it Paula. Have fun without us :(. I just got here at the hotel but Traci isn't due here for another 6 hours!! Man, what am I gonna do now!??!?! Guess I can go find Archivers. Who doesn't love that place?!?! I did get our 5 tickets this morning. Met my friend Missy for lunch and we had mexican. It was so good. I ate enough for 5 days. not really but with these new meds i am on, that's what i felt like. lol Hotel is nice.

cindi
08-08-2008, 04:25 PM
have fun and keep the updates coming!