PDA

View Full Version : More thunderstorms so no fireworks for us ...

iloveflipflops
07-04-2008, 07:02 PM
Kids are bored, DH is saying we may go home tomorrow. The mornings start off great but as soon as 2:00 pm gets here, the storms roll in. Not for an hour but for SEVERAL hours. I have made 10 Christmas cards and several friends cards.

Still working on our super high water bill.

I think DH will change his mind about leaving tomorrow. I'm thinking we'll leave Monday.

Christie
07-04-2008, 07:09 PM
Sorry your having such icky weather. Hope it clears up so you can figure out what the heck is causing your high water bill.

suzi_f
07-04-2008, 08:37 PM
I'm sorry it's not working out so well. What are the kids doing? Do you have internet there? TV/Satellite? My kids would be bored out of thier skin w/o video games & the internet!

cindi
07-04-2008, 08:48 PM
the weather stinks! good thing you brought cards to work on!
I didn't stay out for thr fireworks tonight either..the bugs were chewing me so I left..then on my way out I passed a friend I would have like to spend some time with..now I'm just bummed out:sad:
oh well I hope tomorrow is better weather for you
:)

iloveflipflops
07-04-2008, 10:11 PM
the weather actually cleared up by dark so each of the kids went with friends to see the fireworks and we hung out here at the house. Even Nicholas went out with someone who drives. That sure is weird. No internet here just this iPhone. We have very basic cable tv here and that is it.

I may do some shopping tomorrow. No stamp stores nearby though. Darn!!

cindi
07-04-2008, 10:14 PM
poor Sherri..you are "roughing" it!!
I'll bet it feel good to be back home
:)

suzi_f
07-04-2008, 10:34 PM
Good thing you moved away from there if there aren't any stamp stores!! Glad things turned out better. They had to cancel our city fireworks here 'cause of the flooding. They have rescheduled them for Labor day. That'll be odd!

threefriends91
07-05-2008, 01:54 AM
Oh Sherri l'm so sorry the weather not so good for you..did you get to meet up with your girlfriends yet..and Thank God you took your staming products..l hope the weather improves for you..

iloveflipflops
07-05-2008, 08:47 AM
alot of my friends are out of town. But I am meeting my friend Gerry for lunch tomorrow. Not sure what I will do today. I am reading a book called Naughty Neighbor and its just ok. I may put it down and start one of Teresa's traveling pants books. Why finish a book if its not that good?

logcabincreations
07-05-2008, 10:54 AM
If a book doesn't get my attention in the first chapter, I chuck it for something else.

I'm reading one of Linda Lael Miller's books now....love her character "Mojo Sheepshanks" (private investigator who sees and talks to dead people)