PDA

View Full Version : No-see-ums or chiggers?? Which are worse?

iloveflipflops
07-06-2008, 09:52 PM
why oh why do all bugs love me??

The chiggers love me in NC. The no-see-ums love me here in FL. I have 60 "bites" on me from head to toe. Yes I counted!!!

GrammaStamper
07-06-2008, 10:08 PM
Is there something you could spray on to prevent being bitten by these little blighters?

Christie
07-07-2008, 07:46 AM
Well we don't have no-see um's here but chiggers are pretty bad!!!

tesschap
07-07-2008, 07:48 AM
I've never heard of either creature until I read your first posts about them last summer. I wouldn't like either one of them. I'm sorry that they like you!

Christie
07-07-2008, 07:52 AM
Ok I just looked up no-see ums. It seems to be that chiggers (http://mdc.mo.gov/nathis/arthopo/chiggers/)would be worse because they actually crawl on you and look like ticks where no-see ums (http://pelotes.jea.com/AnimalFact/Arthropod/NOSEEUM.htm)are flying insects and only the females bite!

suzi_f
07-07-2008, 08:42 AM
Ick!! Another reason to hate FL (sorry Fl gals!). You must be tasty! I got big by some kinda bugs up at the pool last night. Looked like annoying little gnats but, when I got home, my ankles were all itchy! BLUCK!!!

sentiments pat
07-07-2008, 09:19 AM
Sherri, if you will get some Skin so Soft Bath Oil spray by Avon, you will never get bitten by no-see-ums again. Regular insect repellants don't work with them, but that product does. I've used it for years, because those bites give me welts. Works like a charm. Might work with chiggers as well. You can buy it from Avon online and one big bottle lasts for years. Good luck.

Pat

iloveflipflops
07-07-2008, 09:29 AM
thanks pat I will definitely get me some.

threefriends91
07-07-2008, 09:37 AM
Oh Sherri l have never seen them but they sound like they would be a pain in the ****..l hope you can find somthing that works..l did hear that that product that Pat told you about works well..but l have never tried it..What do you have to lose try it and let us know how it works...Big Hugs...

dreis1
07-07-2008, 11:24 AM
I learned something new today. I have never heard of no-see ems. Chiggers I know about and hate them. They are so hard to get rid of. Hope these go away soon. Glinda

Erin K
07-07-2008, 12:18 PM
I think chiggers are worse because they are hard to get rid of and instead of an itchy bite you have an actual animal living in your skin. So they get the super ick factor AND are a pain.