PDA

View Full Version : We had a great outing today....

shurlyjean
10-18-2006, 07:06 PM
Took my nursing home residents on a ride to see the fall leaves... what a joke.... it was rainy, cloudy, and most the leaves fell a few days ago.... despite the lack of leaves... we had a great time!!!! Road around the country side then stopped at a pumpkin patch to buy pumpkins... some of the residents were so intrigued they wanted pumpkins for themselves....

Next week it is pumpkin carving......

Hope to be working on on swaps (actually I have been doing my Christmas Cards).... Soccer practice got cancelled....

Looking forward to the swap board!!!!!

Better go for now... need to make some supper, since I'm home the family is expecting something to eat,,, they do know I am a lousy cook,,, much better at making cards!!

Shirley:rolleyes:

MidwestStamper
10-18-2006, 07:23 PM
Rainy here too--I can tell that the colors would still be beautiful, if we just had some sunshine!
My younger DS is heading up to a retreat in northern Minnesota for the MEA weekend--Thurs. through Sunday. Hope that they don't get snow up there!

stampcrazyjulie
10-18-2006, 09:58 PM
You know those Seniors just appreciate getting out regardless of the weather! My Parents live in a Senior Complex & they get a kick out of going to see the Fall Leaves & other things that we all take for granted! It's nice that you spend outside time with them too! :)

My3Ds
10-19-2006, 08:39 AM
I bet the residents LOVED it. Our oldest DS visited a retirement center earlier this week. His class went to paint pumpkins with the residents. I was told that he was excellent with his new friend and she really liked him. They are going to visit with them all year and I hope he gets to know her (and the others) really well. TFS

mydogstinks2
10-19-2006, 12:59 PM
I'm sure they enjoyed it even if the leaves did not stick around for them!