PDA

View Full Version : Mini goals?

workin4stamps
12-14-2006, 09:55 AM
Have you set mini goals for yourself? I am---and I think it helps keep me motivated. With so much weight to lose, I need to focus on smaller goals sometimes. I have been telling my DH for a while, that I would like to lose 30 pounds by New Year's. That means I have about 2 weeks and 3 days to lose 5.4 more pounds. I think I can do it. I won't beat myself up if I don't, but it just gives me something to strive towards.

I also had thought in my mind, that it would be nice to lose a total of 50 pounds by my birthday. It is February 24. That would give me only about 8 weeks to lose 20 more pounds after New Year's. I don't know if that will happen, but I'll give it a shot, and I'm gonna try to just get as close to that as I can!!

Traci

inkinupstamps
12-14-2006, 10:16 AM
I too have a long *weigh* to go and perhaps I should adapt your idea to my goal too, rather than just working toward the whole shabang to happen in June.

lisaguyon
12-14-2006, 10:36 AM
I have mini goals set for myself....I try to do it in 10 pound small losses....It helps to keep motivated and not look at the BIG number. I want to maintain the 31 pounds I have lost thru Christmas and then I would like to lose at least an average of 1.5 pounds a week next year. If I can average that I will be down 109 pounds this time next year....lisa

cindi
12-14-2006, 10:58 AM
Makes it seem a ittle less overwhelimg!!:nod:
I think I'm going to do this too!
:)

Erin K
12-14-2006, 02:44 PM
Ok, me too, I'm gonna try for 150 before the Superbowl. (we are gonna go visit my dad that weekend, and I want to be all skinny)

That's 10 lbs in a month and a half. I think I can do it. No more pumpkin pie blizzards on the market so that's good!

workin4stamps
12-14-2006, 02:46 PM
Ok, me too, I'm gonna try for 150 before the Superbowl. (we are gonna go visit my dad that weekend, and I want to be all skinny)

That's 10 lbs in a month and a half. I think I can do it. No more pumpkin pie blizzards on the market so that's good!

Watch out for the Eggnog Blizzards Erin!!! (Do they make such a thing?)

LOL
Traci

Erin K
12-14-2006, 04:32 PM
Nope,I checked! hehe It's pepermint chip blizzards. They are vanilla with chocolate chips and smashed up candy canes. I think I can resist!

I think they'd do well with gingerbread blizzards, but they didn't ask me now did they?

LinzyD
12-14-2006, 11:21 PM
Have you set mini goals for yourself? I am---and I think it helps keep me motivated. With so much weight to lose, I need to focus on smaller goals sometimes. I have been telling my DH for a while, that I would like to lose 30 pounds by New Year's. That means I have about 2 weeks and 3 days to lose 5.4 more pounds. I think I can do it. I won't beat myself up if I don't, but it just gives me something to strive towards.

I also had thought in my mind, that it would be nice to lose a total of 50 pounds by my birthday. It is February 24. That would give me only about 8 weeks to lose 20 more pounds after New Year's. I don't know if that will happen, but I'll give it a shot, and I'm gonna try to just get as close to that as I can!!

Traci

I thought it was a really encouraging story...I'll mail you a copy if you'd like-PM me your addy!
Linzy

scrappersuz
12-15-2006, 07:37 PM
I like the idea of mini goals. It seems more acheivable to reach a 5 lb goal than a 20 lb goal (or whatever your goal may be.)
Susie

Inkyhands
12-18-2006, 08:14 PM
I am,
first it was the first 10 pounds and then 10 more and now to get to 200. Then 175 and then my goal 165.
Then it doesn't seem like so much at one time.

teabear
12-20-2006, 11:14 AM
Today my mini goal is to stay away from the Christmas goodies...LOL! I actually do have a goal to lose 5 pounds before we leave on the cruise in 3 weeks. My larger goal is to lose 20 pounds by June, and I still think I could stand to lose another 10 after that. One goal at a time. I really like this way of looking at it...makes it seem easier.