PDA

View Full Version : oh sherri...

shuggy
07-08-2008, 08:49 PM
whatever happened at the water department?

Christie
07-08-2008, 08:51 PM
Yeah, I was wondering the same thing

iloveflipflops
07-08-2008, 09:05 PM
Well, DH searched high and low ALL WEEKEND LONG. Asked everyone he knew, no one knows what it could've been. We found nothing out of the ordinary. He thinks the only thing it could be is we did know friends of ours were using our dock to keep their boat there for a few weeks and we wondered if he washed his boat off with our hose and forgot to turn the hose off and it ran and ran for weeks.... He didn't admit it of course. But DH went to Home Depot and put some locks on our hoses. We turned off all the toilets. The water company has agreed to average up our last year's water bills and then give us a credit.

Christie
07-08-2008, 09:16 PM
Thank goodness they aren't making you pay that big amount!

shuggy
07-08-2008, 10:06 PM
Well, DH searched high and low ALL WEEKEND LONG. Asked everyone he knew, no one knows what it could've been. We found nothing out of the ordinary. He thinks the only thing it could be is we did know friends of ours were using our dock to keep their boat there for a few weeks and we wondered if he washed his boat off with our hose and forgot to turn the hose off and it ran and ran for weeks.... He didn't admit it of course. But DH went to Home Depot and put some locks on our hoses. We turned off all the toilets. The water company has agreed to average up our last year's water bills and then give us a credit.

that's nice of them.

tesschap
07-08-2008, 10:12 PM
Sherri - I missed your original post on the water bill issue but we received a HUGE water bill for our FL house last month. They claimed we used 120,000 gallons of water! There is no way any water was used during the billing period. Our irrigation system pumps water from the lake in our development and there is no fee. I called to plead my case and they re-read the meter and adjusted our bill back to the minimum of $22.00 for the month.