PDA

View Full Version : The Stamper's Bill of Rights

GrammaStamper
10-18-2006, 08:32 PM
For any who missed this the other day, I am re-posting it. When you finish this one, look for the post entitled "My DH wrote The Stamper DH's Bill of Rights" or something like that. It's hilarious, at least I think so.

The Stamper's Bill of Rights

A rubber stamper is entrusted with creating works of art to be treasured by family and friends. Creating hand stamped items is an honourable and important task. As a Stamper, you are entitled (but not limited) to the following rights:

You have the right to take as long as you want to complete one card. This may be five minutes or two weeks.

You have the right to purchase a certain stamp or stamping supply for no other reason than because a) you like it; b) everyone else is purchasing it; c) you'll never find it again, or; d) you know you'll sell it someday.

You have the right to a workspace of your own. This may be the basement, your college student's old bedroom, or the kitchen table. It's yours.

You have the right to stamp when inspiration strikes--whether the dishes are done or not.

You have the right to request peaceful, kid-free, stress free stamp time--without guilt.

You have the right to create art that reflects and celebrates your spirit, whether anyone else thinks its art or not.

You have the right to put whatever you want on your card. This includes, branches, rocks, leaves, and anything you deem usable in dumpster dive.

You have the right to do nothing more than snack and socialize at a rubber stamp club meeting or workshop.

You have the right to value your personal stamping style to be as important as any famous stamp artist.

You have the right to create your own style, one card at a time.

I should have put this on earlier. Sorry. This is from site: http://www.littlebit.com/ideas_rs/billofrights.htm