PDA

View Full Version : Prismacolor pencils

directmailscrapper
12-14-2006, 02:03 PM
Hi Everyone!

Since I didn't save my new cutter for Christmas, I'm sure that my DH is just dying to get some more ideas for me for Christmas! I was thinking that the Prismacolor pencils would be perfect.

I checked them out online and it looks like there is only one kind (premier?). I know NOT to get the watercolor ones (I already have watercolor pencils). How many colors do you suggest? I will probably go online and order some Gamsol for myself since he wouldn't have a clue about that.

Any other suggestions?

Many thanks!

Nancy

lost luggage
12-14-2006, 02:20 PM
Hi Nancy- I am not an expert in this, but I am pretty sure there are a couple of different kinds...thin something or other and the premier? I have the premier- I think it was the $60 set. (Used a 50 percenter to get it for 30.) That has been plenty of color for me.. :)

Erin K
12-14-2006, 02:37 PM
premire is the ones you want, the verithin are really hard leads so they can be sharpened to a super fine point, but they aren't as great to use because they leave pencil marks more. http://www.dickblick.com/zz205/08/ these are what they look like, different beautiful artwork on all the different sizes of tins.

I'd say at least the 48 pack. I have the 120 and I do love it, but I'm sure I could have gotten away with a smaller pack. Like the 72 pack. anyhow I got them all. Don't forget to tell your DH to us a coupon at the craft stores, these are pricey. But great.

:)

directmailscrapper
12-14-2006, 02:51 PM
I think the 48 colors will probably be fine -- esp since I have so many watercolors... How much STUFF can you have.... Maybe we should have a contest????

N:nod:

Erin K
12-14-2006, 04:40 PM
I'm sure 48 is plenty, and if you find yourself wishing for a certain color they are sold open stock so you could get just the one.. And with the blender stuff you can mix colors and all. 48 will be sufficient I'm sure.