PDA

View Full Version : Should I go back & buy them?

Robinkay
07-11-2008, 04:56 PM
Today I was at one of our local Antique places and this one booth had 2 big books with wallpaper samples. ($3 each) Has anyone ever used wallpaper in any of their creative ventures? Card making, Scrapbooking, etc? I don't know if I should go back & buy them or not. :wacko:

Christie
07-11-2008, 05:04 PM
Well you wouldn't want to use it for scrapbooking because it more then likely isn't acid free.

Robinkay
07-11-2008, 05:07 PM
Well you wouldn't want to use it for scrapbooking because it more then likely isn't acid free.

Christie that's true! :huh: I don't do scrapbooking anyway. I guess I would just use it for card making and altering things?

frankiesue
07-11-2008, 05:12 PM
I've used it before for cards...

tojoco
07-11-2008, 05:13 PM
I wouldn't as when I go to the wallpaper store near me, they give their old wallpaper books away for free.

Far North
07-11-2008, 05:16 PM
If it truly of a vintage that you enjoy that is fine. But I have found several shops give away their most recent castoffs. They have actually have a schedule like every other month etc...just ask. But I personally found I didn't like the smell of some of the papers.

iloveflipflops
07-11-2008, 05:40 PM
I've never even thought to use them...

Paula Carden
07-11-2008, 05:40 PM
I have used small amounts for cards especially for collages.
I pick up small sample pieces at Lowes.

teabear
07-11-2008, 05:52 PM
I'm in the minority. If it's old I would definitely go back and buy it. Sounds like a cool find for vintage papers. I have some old rolls of wallpaper, but I'd love to have a vintage sample book. Hubby is actually using some of my old wallpaper to print on today for an art show tomorrow. It is really cool.

mom_on_line
07-11-2008, 07:25 PM
I have used wallpaper for the cover of a scrapbook. As far as I know of, it's still in good condition, since it was given to the person I made it for.

threefriends91
07-12-2008, 03:56 AM
l had picked one up last year at a 2nd had store l paid $2.00 for it and thought of lots of neet things to do with it..but when l got home l put it away and forgot about it..LOL
l do think its a great idea some of the patterns are awesome..l even thought of making some enelopes with it..
Now where did l put that book..l might have to wait till we move to find it..LOL

Mrs. Fence
07-12-2008, 07:59 AM
I'd go for it! I love using vintage anything in my art and decorating. You cold also use it for a background to mat an art piece for hanging, use it in a collage, covering books, lining drawers....

logcabincreations
07-12-2008, 08:55 AM
who knows....you might be able to use it 'someday'. I have a box of 'someday' stuff.