PDA

View Full Version : I have a very sociable DS!

tojoco
07-11-2008, 09:56 PM
Well GT orientation is over and all the freshmen have gone home except us. We are leaving tomorrow morning. Tonight, DS didn't want to stay in the hotel room so he decides to go back to GT and snoop around. He just called me a little while ago to tell me that he found a party/dance that upperclassmen are having so he went in. He said he met some people and he was just hanging out and talking so he'll be back a little late. He told me this afternoon that he doesn't want to go back to Memphis with me. He can't wait until school starts because he loves it here. Well sure, he has total independence! I think I've lost my DS even before school starts. After the last two day, he has become even more independent and wants to be out on his own already.:cry2::cry2::cry2:

cindi
07-11-2008, 10:00 PM
Joanne.. How sad for you..but how exciting for Corey!
very bittersweet for sure.
I have no advice, just big hugs for you
:wubclub:

tojoco
07-11-2008, 10:05 PM
Joanne.. How sad for you..but how exciting for Corey!
very bittersweet for sure.
I have no advice, just big hugs for you

Thanks Cindi. I could use the hugs as I'm extremely emotional tonight.

cindi
07-11-2008, 10:12 PM
I bet you are!~!
well arent we a fine emotional pair tonight!

GrammaStamper
07-11-2008, 10:23 PM
Joanne, here's more hugs for you. Letting go is so difficult, but it's what we taught them to be; independent, free-thinking, responsible adults. Corey is just doing what you have taught him to do. I've always said the doing the right thing is always, always, always the hardest thing. Heck, here's another hug. I'm emotional too, tonight.

cecescraps
07-11-2008, 10:35 PM
Joanne, here's another hug for you. I've already started crying twice this week b/c Patrick will be a Senior in HS. I got his LAST HS registration packet on Mon. and then on Wed. I got his senior portrait proofs for the yearbook via e-mail. Aren't we a sad little pair of mommies!?!

loobylou
07-11-2008, 10:36 PM
Joanne, you have done such a great Job, preparing Corey to go out on his own.
Here's a (((HUG))) from far away- wish my arms could stretch out to you,

scrappinnuts
07-11-2008, 10:37 PM
Oh Joanne... I know just how you feel... It is so hard to see them go out on their own. My youngest has been away (only 60 miles) for the last 2 years...but in August she leaves for Hawaii...she will be home for Christmas and summer only. I am not looking forward to August...so here is a bunch more hugs for you.

Christie
07-11-2008, 10:40 PM
Awww, it must be hard for you. I'm sure it's hard to let them go but you should be proud that you have raised him well and that he is confident enough to be on his own!!!!!!!

Vintagegal
07-11-2008, 11:11 PM
(((((((((((((((( HUGS ))))))))))))))))))

Wrapping my arms around you, also, Joanne.

directmailscrapper
07-12-2008, 12:15 AM
Joanne, I feel your pain! I can't imagine how difficult this must be for you -- you want him to fly -- but you want him to stay!!! This is what you've been raising him to do -- just not TODAY!!! And one step at a time would be nice!!!

threefriends91
07-12-2008, 03:01 AM
Joanne letting go is one of the hardest things to do..you have been such a great mom for Corey and l'm sure your proud of him..(((Big HUGS)))...we are here for you..

logcabincreations
07-12-2008, 08:57 AM
Big hugs...we'll cry together as my oldest leaves for boot camp the end of next month...sniff.

Paula Carden
07-12-2008, 09:32 AM
It is great he is sociable-he must take after his mom.
College will be fun for him and perhaps he will not
even mind all of the hard work!
I bet he will be great at whatever he chooses.

CharityHand
07-12-2008, 09:40 AM
Oh, this is just so exciting for your DS. I know it's hard, but at least you know he'll be happy when you leave him. I hope that's a little comforting. Big hugs to you and stay strong. You've obviously raised him well if he feels secure to be on his own so soon.