PDA

View Full Version : We're home from Georgia Tech Orientation

tojoco
07-12-2008, 08:43 PM
It was a gruelling 7-hour drive as I drove most of it through torrential downpours. I am exhausted! I took craft supplies with me and didn't even touch them. I walked up and down hills and streets all around campus on Thursday that on Friday I couldn't take one more step as my ankles were killing me. I must say I'm glad to be home and I can't wait to sleep in my own bed. Oh, remember yesterday when I told you guys that Corey went out to a party/dance and wouldn't be back until late; well it turns out that he went to a fraternity house to introduce himself. They were having a cookout so he got to meet some of the guys. I am happy to say that they were upperclassmen and they offered him a beer which he politely turned down. Thank the Lord he remembered something I taught him -- do not drink and drive. Well our time together is over. Tonight he's meeting up with his old school friends for a friendly game of poker. Thanks for letting me ramble as I know the next month is going to be very hard for me.:cry2::cry2::cry2:

Erin K
07-12-2008, 08:48 PM
I'm a HUGE fan of Georgia Tech. I did all my college partying there! *probably not what you want to hear about though*

Go Jackets!!

cindi
07-12-2008, 08:52 PM
you better get some rest, then visit your stamps..they missed you
:)

tojoco
07-12-2008, 08:57 PM
I'm a HUGE fan of Georgia Tech. I did all my college partying there! *probably not what you want to hear about though*

Go Jackets!!

Erin,

Did you go to Georgia Tech?

Erin K
07-12-2008, 09:01 PM
No, I went to Agnes Scott. It's a women's college not too far from there. We didn't have parties at ASC of course, so we did our partying at Georiga Tech. I'm not sure why there, there are a bunch of colleges in Atlanta, but GT was the one that you went to for a fun time. With smart boys. :)

So I've been to bunches of GT games and the whole frat scene. I mostly went to the Kappa Sigma parties, because on one of my first days I met this guy Mike who I fell madly in love with. I didn't end up with him, of course.

I only went to Agnes Scott for one year. I loved it but it was terribly expensive.

tojoco
07-12-2008, 09:39 PM
Well since GT is noted for fun and partying, maybe I should get Corey transferred to some kind of a seminary. LOL

Seriously thanks for the info. I have no qualms about sending him to GT. He's a big boy now and I trust him to live responsibly.

mydogstinks2
07-12-2008, 09:50 PM
I'm glad you made it home safe.

I remember when I was working at wal-mart and the parents would bring in their kids to get things for their college dorms. (we have a college very close to here) Some of the Mom's would be crying through the whole store. Then they would come to check out and could barley even talk they were crying so hard! One boy was so embarrased by it his face was all red.