PDA

View Full Version : old magazines

shuggy
07-13-2008, 12:27 AM
what do you do with old magazines?

i have a huge box of papercrafts, creating keepsakes, scrapbooks etc. i don't want to throw them out, but i have so many!!!

stampinmom3
07-13-2008, 07:45 AM
Maybe an activities coordinator at a nursing home or a g.s. troop leader may want some for craft ideas..

tesschap
07-13-2008, 08:17 AM
I weed through mine a couple of times a year. If I've ear marked any interesting projects I keep them but others I pass on to my sister. She has a 4-H group and she runs her town's Youth Commission. They do use them for various projects. Is there someone or an organization you can pass them on to?

mydogstinks2
07-13-2008, 10:18 AM
I have a book case full of my old magazines. I just can't throw them out either!

directmailscrapper
07-13-2008, 10:35 AM
Oh, I thought I had posted this thread. I sent an e-mail around at work asking if anyone would be interested in them and I got an avalance of response. I took several of them to work. But now I have another pile!

I'm letting my subs expire. I'm thinking of subscribing to Just Cards so I can follow the creative efforts of my fellow Shackies, but I barely read the scrapping magazines any more!

GSMom385
07-13-2008, 11:14 AM
There is a charity here that takes used books and has a sale to raise money to use in helping needy people in the area. I give mine to them, scrapping mags actually bring a lot of money at that sale. I found this out at my local library so you might ask them, they normally have a list of places that take used books.

Christie
07-13-2008, 11:32 AM
You could go through them and take the pages of the things you want to keep out and put them in a binder then recycle the rest of them.

spredbirds
07-13-2008, 12:07 PM
Good Question Angie ....

I too have a bunch ... I like the idea of taking the pages out that I want and keeping just those! .... but I hate to part with them!

suzi_f
07-13-2008, 02:08 PM
I am too anal to throw tear them apart. I can not bear to think of throwing them away. I never go back and look at them. I wish I could tear out the page I like. I may join a program to see if they can help me.

Patty
07-13-2008, 03:35 PM
I either take them to work or throw them away! It only hurts for a minute--I've actually stopped buying them--I just browse around on line.

tojoco
07-13-2008, 04:03 PM
I either take them to work or throw them away! It only hurts for a minute--I've actually stopped buying them--I just browse around on line.

Me too, Patty. I don't buy them anymore. I subscribed to Just Cards since Day 1 and now I have so many I stopped my subscription. I don't subscribe to any magazines now. I also browse through blogs and websites for inspiration.