PDA

View Full Version : stampin'pastels (chalks) question

loobylou
07-17-2008, 01:58 AM
When you colour an image with Stampin' pastels (chalks) and a blender pen do you still need to spray with "fixative" e.g. hairspray to keep the chalk in place when you are finished?

pesc
07-17-2008, 02:05 AM
I don't spray my cards when I'm finished with those... I find that using the blender pen help keeping it in place but of course if it would be something I would like to keep like forever... I would think about the spray! I hope it helps!

Sherry
07-17-2008, 05:37 AM
I spray all of my cards whenever I use chalk - it's just something I've done from day one. Whether or not it 'needs' it when using blender pens, I'm not sure. I also like the look of the sheen that is left on the paper after the "fixative" has dried.

I know I didn't offer any help but I thought I'd throw my 2 cents in anyway :)

maxiesmom
07-17-2008, 08:43 AM
I haven't used my chalks much lately(big surprise), but I don't think I have ever used a fixative with them. I have it, just don't remember why I bought it!

irishchristine
07-17-2008, 09:18 AM
I have not but then again I have not used my chalks in at least two years. is that not surprising!!?

loobylou
07-17-2008, 09:42 AM
I just spent a couple of hours colouring with the chalks and blender pen- and i a really terrible at it. So now, please any tips, or sites that have tutorials would be fabulous
Thanks

Christie
07-17-2008, 11:14 AM
I've never done chalks and a blender pen. When I do chalks I usually use a Q-tip to color then spray hairspray to seal.

toao
07-17-2008, 12:00 PM
Are you "dipping" your blender pen in your chalk, or coloring with the chalk and then blending it? I tap my pen into my chalks and then color with the chalk on the pen. Over coloring will tear your paper though. I'm liking using my watercolor crayons and a blender better.

Mary

shuggy
07-17-2008, 12:00 PM
i've never used a blender pen, either.

loobylou
07-17-2008, 12:10 PM
I am dipping my blender in the corners of the chalk squares as instructed in the SU handout. I noticed it will tear up the paper if i try to blend too much. I have thrown 2 images away- I NEvER throw anything away usually so I'm feeling a little frustrated with them. out of 10 images I coloured I'm happy with 2. I need professional help!

TiikkiStars
07-17-2008, 12:57 PM
Sarah, I have the same problem when I color with chalks and a blender pen....the paper gets eaten up. So, I'm right there with you!

:> Karen

maxiesmom
07-17-2008, 02:41 PM
I've never done chalks and a blender pen. When I do chalks I usually use a Q-tip to color then spray hairspray to seal.

Me too, except for the sealing part.