PDA

View Full Version : Tropical Storm Warning

Christie
07-21-2008, 12:03 PM
Well it looks like we might be put under a T.S. warning later on today. Right now it reaches to just to the edge of Galveston so we aren't included just yet. I say bring it on! We are behind on rain so much and really could use the rain. My yard is turning brown and crunchy!

TiikkiStars
07-21-2008, 12:11 PM
I thought of you last night when we saw the news. It drives me nuts when the weather people get excited when they can report that something might get dangerous. They were all excited that by the time it reaches Texas, it might turn into a category one hurricane. So, here's wishing you and everyone else in that area, enough rain to bring water tables up and no damage! :>

:> Karen

Christie
07-21-2008, 12:34 PM
I thought of you last night when we saw the news. It drives me nuts when the weather people get excited when they can report that something might get dangerous. They were all excited that by the time it reaches Texas, it might turn into a category one hurricane. So, here's wishing you and everyone else in that area, enough rain to bring water tables up and no damage! :>

:> Karen

Oh yes, they do get exicited. You see the coverage you get around here when storms get closer. It's almost 24 hour news coverage on all the local stations! I don't want any damage or anything like that just some rain, but not enough rain to flood my house! I've been there and done that before! :wacko:

My3Ds
07-21-2008, 12:35 PM
Let's hope it stays a TS. The rain would be welcome anywhere in the southern half of the US I think.

cindi
07-21-2008, 02:16 PM
I hope you get some beneficial rains but no big bad storm
:)

iloveflipflops
07-21-2008, 02:20 PM
HOLD ONTO YOUR FLIP FLOPS!!! (that's what Jennifer W used to tell me) lol

ellie
07-21-2008, 04:10 PM
Keep us posted Cindi!

MyRnAbS
07-21-2008, 04:12 PM
Hey christie for us it's tomorrow. I agree that we need the rain, but I get skeery with all that thunder I hate it!! Hopefully it'll be a smooth one!!

Christie
07-21-2008, 04:17 PM
Hey christie for us it's tomorrow. I agree that we need the rain, but I get skeery with all that thunder I hate it!! Hopefully it'll be a smooth one!!

Oh yes, you are lots further south then us so you will get more of if I think. It just depends on how far north of you it goes. The further the better off you are. The dirty side is always the north east side of it.

MyRnAbS
07-21-2008, 04:20 PM
OMG!! NOw i'm freaking out!! I'm going to turn on the news!! I really hate thunder storms, I'm a scardy cat!! I hope you only get rain christie!! Let's pray for a smooth ride this time, and no trees falling all over the place with roofs coming off and stuff like that!!

teabear
07-22-2008, 11:51 AM
How does it look today? I'll be thinking of you hoping you get some nice steady rain to water everything but not too much.

mydogstinks2
07-22-2008, 12:01 PM
I heard about your weather on the news today. Has it hit your area yet?

Spartymom
07-22-2008, 12:13 PM
I know you need the rain, I just hope the TS isn't too major. My brother will be in Corpus Cristi on Wed.-Friday! Then he is driving to MI to see me and family.

Christie
07-22-2008, 12:33 PM
Well it's going to hit further south then they thought, which is good. We are still going to get some rain from it, it's kinda windy today but that's about it. Kim, Your brother will be more in the path of it then I am. Is he visiting someone?

Spartymom
07-22-2008, 12:56 PM
Well it's going to hit further south then they thought, which is good. We are still going to get some rain from it, it's kinda windy today but that's about it. Kim, Your brother will be more in the path of it then I am. Is he visiting someone?

He isn't visiting, he is working down there. He works on the big cancer screening machines that need repairs at hospitals. I shouldn't worry but still.