PDA

View Full Version : I actually started my back to school shopping yesterday

iloveflipflops
07-21-2008, 01:34 PM
Walgreens and Office Max had deals for 5 cents. How much cheaper can one get? I had my DS's list in hand and got quite a few things already.

High schoolers don't get their list till open house which is Aug 20th so i have to wait awhile to get her things but at least I can get Nicholas' stuff.

ellie
07-21-2008, 02:15 PM
5 cents? really? I better go stock up on pens/pencils....my kids don't get a list for college...just a book list which is a killer... but we are always scrounging for something to write with.

tojoco
07-21-2008, 02:32 PM
Me too Ellie. I've been shopping for stuff to fill a dorm room and it's a killer. I can't wait to see his needed books list. No more pencils, erasers and pads for me. It's big time spending now. LOL

jazzypurple853
07-21-2008, 03:43 PM
I started already also. My daughter's school website has what she needs. I remember those days myself, going to night school the cost of the books. I always hated when you take to take a class that used the same book for 2 semesters, and the teacher decides you need a new book the second semester. I tried my best to get used books as much as I could.

MyRnAbS
07-21-2008, 04:11 PM
awwww, man I should start as well. I usually have my cousin whom has a store for those things sell me the bundle. Since I only need a trillion supplies for the little dd (thank God) the oldest one just needs a binder and some pens and pencils. I don't know to me it feels like only yesterday they got out of school!! Why does time fly???

My3Ds
07-21-2008, 04:12 PM
My ds is begging me to get him things already. He has never experienced the fun of getting new supplies for school because they have always been supplied. But, this year he finally gets to use a backpack, etc. and can't wait. I on the other hand strongly dislike back to school. It means that my babies are leaving me again. :( I enjoy having them at home with me and I enjoy summer so back to school is a bummer here. I do like the excitement of getting the new papers, pencils, etc. but just not until September (maybe). I hope to have his list pretty soon so he can get started. Why can't summer be 9 mos long and school only 3? lol

Suzanne
07-21-2008, 04:26 PM
I started last weekend when Staples & Walmart had some stuff marked down. Need to go buy this weeks markdowns.

IMBlessed5
07-21-2008, 04:37 PM
I will start shopping soon too. But I dread back-to-school time. Because it also means back to packing lunches every morning. Back to getting up at 6 a.m. Back to fights about homework and grades. Back to keeping 3 sets of school notes and papers organized. And Fall soccer starts at the same time so it's always super hectic!

But it ALSO means back to having a little "me" time. ;)