PDA

View Full Version : Joanie - here is your update for the week ...

iloveflipflops
07-22-2008, 06:26 PM
If I missed anything, anyone can add to this post. LOL

Day 1 - MyRnAbS thanked you for her b-day card you sent her. Her mom was recently diagnosed with breast cancer but is doing ok at the moment.

Day 2 - Sherri & Ellie go visit Michelle. We check out Michelle’s new scrapbook store (which is in a shed behind her house but LOADED with 1,000's of papers, stamps and all kinds of stamping goodies. Ellie & I each managed to spend $$$ without leaving her place. LOL Then we got to see her new granddaughter Harley who is only 3 weeks old. She was so tiny and cute and just adorable. We went out for barbeque and stamped the rest of the afternoon away :).

Sherry G posted a poll to see if we should keep the fee or do away with the fee and it was decided that the fee WILL remain in place.

Barb is all packed up and ready to move. It will take them 3 days to get to their new condo and she is very excited.

Micemom is getting a 2nd opinion from an oncologist on Friday and is appreciative of all of our prayers.

Tami posted the website for sneak peaks from the CHA convention and you can see them here http://www.craftcritique.com/ . Personally if you go down the page a bit, I see some punches that I may have to add to my collection. Ha

Day 3 - Joanne posted a cool swap that we are trying to keep a secret from Sherry G so you will have to go to the swap page to see if you want to join this fun ATC swap.

Far North discovered there are 18 new distressed stickles coming out soon and I am sure I will have to have every single one. You can see the list of colors here
http://www.rangerink.com/products/prod_decorativeglue_designerstickles.htm

Firecracker (Heather) updated us on her foot. Her infection is gone but she is still on antibiotics and it could take up to 6 weeks to fully heal.

You missed a breast cancer awareness ATC swap that Christie posted. Sorry about that!

Terry is going to be posting Secret Sister Round #5 starting early August. It will run through Dec. 15th.

Day 4 - Erin discovered that Splitcoast has been sold to someone. That’s all we know.

Erin is crabby all because she is missing everything at CHA. I can’t wait to see the things in the stores.

Erin predicts the next 4 “big items” in stamping will be: owls (it will still be popular), mushrooms, deer and octopus.

Micemom did get her 2nd opinion from another oncologist. This guy seems much more receptive to giving her chemo and is more promising (that’s how I understood it).

Day 5-6 (the days now are running together) ... Angie and her cute mom bought their airline tickets already for Shackapalooza ‘09 (which is in April).

Kim’s 5 month old beagle has to have surgery today. He took a bite of Sam’s pb&j sandwich and Ben threw him down the basement stairs. Sam didn’t mean to do it of course. Toby, the puppy has a broken knee cap and fractured leg. Poor little guy!

Shuggy and I did not make the design team for Elzybells. Shuggy was upset and I was upset but I got over it. Another one could come up.

Erin found an ugly and pretty big spider on Stephen’s head. She squooshed it and then flushed it, just in case.

You can now buy Stamp Shack shirts, coffee mugs, thongs at café press.com (Click on shop at the top right)

Cheri went to see the new Mama Mia movie and loved it. She now wants the soundtrack.

Joanne (tojoco)’s a/c went out and it was 100 degrees when it was out. Haven’t heard the latest on that.

"I" found the Bind It All at Hobby Lobby for $36 with a coupon. I am trying my best now to bind a book but can’t get the wires closed right. I will keep playing with it till I get it. LOL

Day 7 - The flood swap is just about caught up. I listed the new swap names for August and now I only have 5 names left for the month of Sept. Other names who are joined haven’t updated their addresses so we’ll see if i hear back from them. Plans are underway to start a new flood swap. Stay tuned for that!!

Lakeslady made the front cover of the August issue of Vamp Stamp News.

Kim reported that Toby went to the vet and he got more xrays but does not need surgery. He will wear a splint on his leg for 4 weeks.

How'd I do everybody!??!?!??! Erin, what did I forget?????

toao
07-22-2008, 07:23 PM
Good Lord woman! How do you keep up?? LOL

Mary

iloveflipflops
07-22-2008, 07:34 PM
I don't do it from memory like Erin does. I took notes. Real live notes on real paper!! LOL

Christie
07-22-2008, 07:44 PM
WOW!!! You are awesome at this! Will take notes while I"m away?? LOL!!!

directmailscrapper
07-22-2008, 07:44 PM
I must have had a boring week!

tojoco
07-22-2008, 07:48 PM
You are the bomb, girlfriend! You got it all right. I nominate you to be the official Stamp Shack Secretary for taking minutes when someone is away cause you did a fantabulous job.

iloveflipflops
07-22-2008, 07:49 PM
LOL You guys are too funny. As long as I know ahead of time and I can take real notes on paper, I will do it. Remind me Christie and i will do it for you. It was kinda fun :)

teabear
07-22-2008, 08:07 PM
"You can now buy Stamp Shack shirts, coffee mugs, thongs at café press.com (Click on shop at the top right)"

Seriously?! thongs? LOL

cindi
07-22-2008, 08:08 PM
my names not in there at all....maybe I will have to order the new stamp shack thong so you will have something about me to talk about!!
lol
:goofy:

spredbirds
07-22-2008, 08:32 PM
that's a good wrap up for all of us ...

ctinyjoy
07-22-2008, 08:53 PM
I have an update.....I bought the soundtrack to Mama Mia and have been singing away.

iloveflipflops
07-22-2008, 09:28 PM
bump bump so Joanie sees this ...

shuggy
07-22-2008, 11:04 PM
that is great!!!

iloveflipflops
07-22-2008, 11:07 PM
Everyone has seen this BUT Joanie so I bet she will be back tomorrow. Now I have to add today's notes. LOL

toao
07-23-2008, 08:13 AM
Bumping for JOANIE. LOL

Mary

loobylou
07-23-2008, 08:19 AM
Sarah went back to work after 2 weeks vacation, and is loving her flood cards that make her smile every day

flyingflower
07-23-2008, 08:38 AM
Sherri,
I nominate you to do this for us once a week :D

Christie
07-23-2008, 08:41 AM
LOL You guys are too funny. As long as I know ahead of time and I can take real notes on paper, I will do it. Remind me Christie and i will do it for you. It was kinda fun :)

Hey, I'm taking you up on that offer!!!!! :jiggy:

irishchristine
07-23-2008, 08:50 AM
my names not in there at all....maybe I will have to order the new stamp shack thong so you will have something about me to talk about!!
lol
:goofy:

Cindi I am cracking up!!! you are too funny!!:laugh:

iloveflipflops
07-23-2008, 12:03 PM
Joanie have you seen your updates yet? Are you home?

ccstampin12
07-23-2008, 12:07 PM
WHEW!!!!
What an awesome job you did with my updates.
We got back home around 8:00 am today. We all went directly to bed for a quick nap. Kelly and the kids and Larry are still sleeping, but I woke up, and feel refreshed, hopefully!
THANK YOU so much, Sherri, for doing this! It's so helpful when one has been away for over a week~
HUGSHUGSHUGS!!!
Joanie

teabear
07-23-2008, 12:15 PM
Glad you made it home safe and sound Joanie. It was great to see you again :)

Becky P
07-25-2008, 07:17 PM
Wow! What an uber awesome thing! Good Job! And welcome home Joanie!

logcabincreations
08-08-2008, 04:07 PM
Bringing this thread back to life for Thanh to read...lol

iloveflipflops
08-08-2008, 04:14 PM
And i am doing a new update for others this week ...

logcabincreations
08-08-2008, 04:16 PM
Sherri...wasn't there another thread you posted updates for Erin? I can't find it. Thanh has been away from the Shack since mid June and trying to catch up on the news.

cindi
08-08-2008, 04:50 PM
you are suposed to be doing notes to update Christie when she gets back from vacation on Sunday or monday
:)

Tantalize
08-08-2008, 05:09 PM
You ladies are FABULOUS!!!

I feel up to date now, sorta. Feels like I missed out a lot though.

threefriends91
08-09-2008, 09:22 AM
Thanks for the up-dates Sherri..l can't believe l missed so much..l loved reading all these funny comments you ladies are so funny..l can't wait for the next set of up-dates Sherri..it really helps me to stay connected..