PDA

View Full Version : A Sticky Question. . .

Patty
07-22-2008, 09:42 PM
What do you use for glue? Glue stick, zots, dots, Crystal Glaze, any of the other 1000 kinds of glues, craft glues, etc???? When I started stamping, I mostly used double stick tape, then I discovered the tape runners, the dots, etc. Which do you use, and if you have more than one, which purpose gets which glue??:huh: patty

ellie
07-22-2008, 09:50 PM
I use zots for the heavier stuff and that Duck brand adhesive runner for most everything else. If I am covering a large area of chipboard...like for a cover...I use YES glue and paint it on with one of those foam brushes.

maxiesmom
07-22-2008, 09:50 PM
Most of the time it's a double stick tape, now it's my ATG or similarly like a Tombow tape runner. Glue dots for ribbon or layering if I want to pop it a little. Glue sticks for adhering my no cushion UM's to a block. Red line tape also for ribbon. Yep there are many adhesives out there to choose from.

Yep, there's Mod Podge for that sorta stuff too.

iloveflipflops
07-22-2008, 09:52 PM
Duck adhesive is my #1 for gluing down paper. I use glue dots for buttons, ribbon, etc.

I think that's all I ever use!!

spredbirds
07-22-2008, 09:53 PM
I love Duck adhesive runners and my ATG gun. I also use glue dots for sticking on buttons or flowers.

cindi
07-22-2008, 10:15 PM
for my paper. glue dots for buttons, and other small things like that, and I use tacky glue with my double stick tape for large surfaces like book covers. And TOAO taught me to use Aleenes tack it pover & overr glue for my unmouted stamps. it works great
:)

shuggy
07-22-2008, 10:57 PM
i use tombow mono adhesive for most things. glue dots occaisionally. pop dots (stampin dimensionals) alot. and tacky tape (the red kind) for ribbon/chipboard/heavy things.

Jovi
07-22-2008, 11:19 PM
I use tombow multi mono glue... love that stuff. ;)
For bottons and other embellies I use glue dots!

patcreates
07-22-2008, 11:32 PM
What Jovi said....LOL. Mono Multi for paper/cardstock and glue dots for embellishments.

scrappinnuts
07-22-2008, 11:47 PM
I use the Tombow for most everything... K and company craft glue for thing that are heavy or need extra glue...and pop dots for the obvious.

Christie
07-23-2008, 07:33 AM
I use glue sticks sometimes. I use double stick tape mostly. I use tacky glue on metal or plastic things and sometimes ribbon. Mainly I use tacky glue when I'm altering stuff like a box. I use glue dots for ribbon, buttons, etc.... and tacky glue if something is heavy.

mydogstinks2
07-23-2008, 08:58 AM
double stick tape for most paper
glue dots of heaver things
the double stick tape stuff from viva las vegas stamps for ribbon
sometimes heavy duty glue if I think it needs more strength to hold on

loobylou
07-23-2008, 09:11 AM
double sided tape for everything, except the printed ATC backs which I print on computer paper, I use glue stick for them

teabear
07-23-2008, 10:47 AM
Lots of ideas here. I think that diamond glaze and all of the dimensional glazes that come under other names are overlooked. They are amazing for adhering heavy objects. They also work wonderful for putting paper on the back of clear things like buttons. You can also put down a bit and sprinkle on microbeads for a pretty look. Just wanted to add that it's a great glue.

Patty
07-23-2008, 05:05 PM
I absolutely LOVE the Crystal Glaze--I love the tape runners but they are expensive--and somehow I got it into my head that double stick tape was "thick"--don't know why--maybe I just like to buy it all? ? ? ?

TiikkiStars
07-23-2008, 06:08 PM
Predominantly ATG for paper and some ribbons. Dimensional glazes (several brand names), glue dots, red line, Scotch glue (don't remember what its called, but use that a lot), foam/pop dots, Sakura glue pen, xyron, hermafix, and I'm sure there's more. It just depends on what I'm using it for. But, I do reach for my ATG the most.

:> Karen

Patty
07-23-2008, 10:11 PM
So I guess I'm not alone with owning a (wide) variety of sticky stuff! Now I feel better.

threefriends91
07-23-2008, 10:32 PM
l just love and use my ATG gun for almost everything..for buttons bows ext.l use glue dots and for my unmounted stamps l use Krylon spray Adhesive it works great..lf l want to really pop somthing out l use double sided tape.

creative_chaos
07-29-2008, 06:06 PM
I just joined and was browsing through the recent conversations - I don't think I'll ever read every discussion but it's worth a try!

Sticky stuff - I generally refuse to spend any large amount of money on adhesive. I generally buy all of my adhesive from *gasp* our dollar store! *laughing* I have double-sided mounting squares (thin) that I use for my papers (I was a glue stick user but then noticed that in the humidity it sort of warped the paper, ugh), and I have small 3D double-sided dots for dimensional things. I also use double sided tape from Walmart for ribbon, glue sticks from Staples for adhering unmounted stamps and for tiny pieces of paper that are too small for any other type of adhesive!!!!! Most of the stuff you guys use I've only seen online so I guess I use what I find:)