PDA

View Full Version : Home front update...I think we are doomed..

Artyfarty
07-23-2008, 05:47 AM
Our solicitor has rung today with the notso good news that in her words " there is no legal right of way to your frontage"! .....:cry2: we have a meeting today at 4.40 to discuss our rights and whether by law we are or would be tresspassing toget to our front door .I,m not sure whether we have to yet again pull out of this purchase. Panic stations on red alert...I feel so low now I fell as though we are not meant to move . I dont think I could face losing another deal and having to tell our buyers we cannot sell..feel so darn low today . Will update you all later off to my mates for a shoulder to cry on.
hugs
Sue xxx

emmcee
07-23-2008, 06:40 AM
Oh my Sue, I'll be thinking about you as you & your mate go through this next round.

tesschap
07-23-2008, 06:51 AM
I'm so sorry Sue. Buying a home can be stressful but you've been through so much more than you should have. I hope this all works out for you.

Sending you a big HUG.

Vintagegal
07-23-2008, 06:56 AM
I don't understand. What does your realtor mean about "No legal way to your front door?" What does this mean? You've moved out of your house; you've got it on the market; but you haven't sold it yet. So, until it sells, isn't it still your house? I must've missed something somewhere.

Paula Carden
07-23-2008, 07:03 AM
Oh I hope something works out for you. This is just terrible to be already to go and then have something happen, but better to find out now then to find out after you make purchase.
Best wishes for clearing this all up.

loobylou
07-23-2008, 08:06 AM
oh Sue, what a mess! I hope this can be sorted really quickly.

toao
07-23-2008, 08:10 AM
Oh boy. I'll pray that today will bring something good for you. Keep that chin up.

flyingflower
07-23-2008, 08:42 AM
How can a house have "no legal right of way to your frontage"? In the United States, there HAS to be a way to get to the property, it can't be "land-locked" - even if it is an easement through the adjoining property (an easement means you can use it, but don't own it).

mydogstinks2
07-23-2008, 09:02 AM
best of luck to you I will be hoping for the best!!

limeyscrapper
07-23-2008, 09:21 AM
Poor Sue! If it wasn't for bad luck - you'd have no luck at all.
Keeping my fingers crossed that this will all get worked out.

teabear
07-23-2008, 10:44 AM
Darn it Sue. It's just one thing after another. Maybe the perfect place is waiting for you after all this trouble.

lakeslady
07-23-2008, 11:27 AM
Sue I feel so sorry for you, what a thing to happen to you at this late stage in your proceedings.

I know from the experience of a very good friend of mine, about access and right of way. She would tell you not to touch it with a barge pole, as it is fraught with never ending problems ( unless you could buy that piece of land allowing you access).

My thoughts are with you Sue and I do hope everything works out for the best.
Sometimes life can be harsh, but I am a great believer in what will be, will be.

Artyfarty
07-23-2008, 02:44 PM
Hi guys well our worst fears have come upon yet again. The property we were buying has 2 holds on it ie freehold but more importantly another underhand lease hold which basically in 15 years wipes out the main freehold. the uh lease also only has 60 years left toun and then all legal holdings would be owned by the previous landlord again and more legal work to obtain these would entail more money. The property also has a piece of land tothe front which solicitors arehaving problems findng out whoi t belongs to and to top it all the land survey maps are showing differences. ie its a right balls upto who owns what. Our solicitor told us basically not to touch it and walk away. which we have now done and i wont be on much the next few days ..home hunting as our purchasers aref ighting to move in leaving us in the poop.Not feeling to good have been sick all day through the stress and upset but we ae strong and we will cope.
Thanks guys for your continued support. xxxxx
Sue n tony xxxx

threefriends91
07-23-2008, 02:51 PM
Oh Sue my heart and Prayers go out for you..l'll Pray your meeting will open new doors for you. you have been through so much..Big Hugs..let us know what happens and try to keep your chin up...we are here for you...

frankiesue
07-23-2008, 03:11 PM
Sue... how horrible... better you found out now rather than later... hope the house hunting goes well over the next few days and that you feel better real soon.

ccstampin12
07-23-2008, 04:04 PM
Geez, Louise!
I feel so badly for you.
I certainly hope this all gets a resolution very soon~
HUGS
Joanie

maxiesmom
07-23-2008, 04:46 PM
Good heavens, I can't even imagine having to go through so much to get a new house! And I also can't imagine the sellers NOT knowing all this and being upfront with you about it. Shame on them all, including their realtor!

flyingflower
07-24-2008, 08:24 AM
Here is a quote that recently cmae to me that seems appropriate for you, too.

“Opportunity often comes disguised in the form of misfortune, or temporary defeat.”
- Napoleon Hill

I am sooo glad your solicitor caught this BEFORE you actually owned this property. Keep your chin up.

BTW, have all the houses with trouble been in the same area? Is there an area that you decided not to look at for some reason (you thought they would be too expensive, etc.)? I have a feeling the right one is waiting for you where you least expect it.

graciez
07-24-2008, 08:38 AM
It sounds like if you went through with the purchase, you would have one problem after another....I think there is a better place out there waiting for you to look at....this may be a good thing...

Christie
07-24-2008, 08:50 AM
Don't give up!! When our house sold we didn't have a place to go for two months! We rented a house and found another one and are happy where we are now! I just know that the right one is out there just waiting for you to find it!

Artyfarty
07-24-2008, 08:55 AM
:huh_oh:Well im not going to say as much as I want too(not counting my chickens too soon again but lets say 3rd time lucky fingers crossed but something is lined up and tomorrow we find out if our mortgage can be ported over. What I will say is we have a house to rent....:frown:........will tell ya more tomorrow. xx hee hee but it wil be funny when I do...

flyingflower
07-24-2008, 09:02 AM
hoo-ray! good things happening!