View Full Version : Can I tell you about my Birthday?

CharityHand
07-23-2008, 07:42 AM
Thank you all for the cards and for the birthday wishes yesterday. I had a fantastic day. It was the big 3-0, which really seemed like any other birthday.

My parents are in town. They came in from Florida and my mom baked me a cake. I don't remember the last time that I actually had a birthday cake! I haven't spent my bday with my parents since my 19th or so. It was so nice having them here. My dad is very handy and he fixed a few things around the house, which was one big present all in itself. They bought me a new porch swing that I love and they filled up my gas tank for me, which was a huge gift!

Mom and Dad took my son to Karate last night and kept our kids while my DH took me out to dinner. After dinner, he said "Do you want to go to the craft store?" um... YES!!! It was funny hearing that question come out of his mouth. He would have bought me anything, but all I really wanted was This (http://www.inkadinkado.com/products/detail.lasso?unq=2_3221_Road-Trip). He kept picking up stamps as suggestions for things that I might want and it seems like I said "I already have that one" way too many times.

When we got home our kids gave me a "surprise" party. It was so much fun and we had such a sweet time. Happy day!!

Christie
07-23-2008, 07:46 AM
Well it sounds like you had a great birthday! I'm glad you enjoyed your day and how sweet of your kids to throw you a surpise party!

maxiesmom
07-23-2008, 07:48 AM
What a great day!! Family & cake and a party, what more can you want??

Sounds better than mine was, I turned the big 4-5 while driving from MI to NJ in a van with DH & our 3 preteen nephews. Oh well, at least we were heading on vacation!

shuggy
07-23-2008, 07:51 AM
sounds like a great time!

toao
07-23-2008, 07:58 AM
What a fun day! I love the stamps you chose. My mom always baked my Bday cake every year. She even brought me cupcakes this year....I'm 36 now. LOL I enjoy baking Tori's bday cakes for her every year. Sounds like you had a great birthday. Happy Late Birthday from me!

loobylou
07-23-2008, 09:49 AM
I'm happy to hear your family spoilt you with love and attention. Sounds like a great Birthday

tesschap
07-23-2008, 09:59 AM
Sounds like a very special day. How wonderful that your family treated you like a queen.

ellie
07-23-2008, 10:07 AM
What a great day. I am glad you had such nice surprises!

teabear
07-23-2008, 10:21 AM
Sounds like a perfectly lovely birthday. Love the little stamp set you chose. So fun!

directmailscrapper
07-23-2008, 10:34 AM
Charity -- the perfect scenerio for a birthday -- surrounded by loved ones! AND a trip to the craft store as a bonus! Glad your 30th was great!

Far North
07-23-2008, 10:49 AM
What a beautiful birthday!...thanks for sharing!

Your stamps are great...I love their acylic sets. When you get a few quiet moment back at the computer you might want to check out this blog (http://inkstainswithroni.blogspot.com/) the lady posted lots of CHA pics and lots of new inkadinkado---that I had not seen on the other sites.