PDA

View Full Version : Summer Vacation Plans?

MidwestStamper
07-23-2008, 11:31 AM
I know the summer is half over but I thought I'd start a thread to talk about either what you DID and where you WENT, or where you plan to GO yet!

I'll start since our vacation is still coming up the first week of August. We are taking a bigger vacation than usual and all four of us are flying to Seattle, WA!

I'm excited to go back there, since I went to school there in 1977-79 and my DH and I went there for part of our Honeymoon in 1986. My sons have heard me talk about it for years! Of course we'll have to go to the top of the Space Needle, explore Pike's Place Market, take Ferry rides across Puget Sound...!

What/where your vacation plans?

teabear
07-23-2008, 11:48 AM
We went white water rafting on the Kings River for 2 days and then up to Sequoia NP for some fishing and hiking. It was a wonderful vacation. I took the same white water rafting trip when I was a teen, so it was great to come full circle and take our teen on the trip.

We have a few little day-cations for the rest of the summer. Hubby can't get much time off work this year, so we are taking day trips. Went to the Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach last week. It's grown alot since we went there years ago. Had a great day.

tojoco
07-23-2008, 05:01 PM
We're not doing vacation this year except for the mini trips we took up to New Jersey for a baptism and to Atlanta for Corey's orientation to Georgia Tech.

Now this Friday, Corey is going with his friends and their parents to Lake Powell in Utah for 10 days. That sounds like a really cool trip and I'm sure he'll have fun.

iloveflipflops
07-23-2008, 05:06 PM
We're sticking close to home this summer. We went to FL for a week and now MIL is coming for a week from VA so I am sure I will "need" a vacation after her visit. In August I will be going to the Cincinnati Stampaway with Traci and spending a day with my aunt and uncle and my friend Missy who I haven't seen in about 6 years.

Christie
07-23-2008, 05:07 PM
First week of August we are driving to the Ozarks in Missouri for a week!!! I can't wait! It's so pretty there!

cindi
07-23-2008, 05:07 PM
in the summer. I vacation in the winter..nothing like getting out of maine in January and heading to the carribean! ya baby..thats what I'm talking about!
lol
I may do a couple day trips, and of course I had my fab time at the stamp convention in Mass..so I'm good
:)

maxiesmom
07-23-2008, 05:09 PM
We took our three nephews to northern New Jersey at the end of June/beg. of July. It was a lovely resort with lots of amenities, especially POOLS!! Aunt Kathy has a knack of picking places that don't have a pool onsite so I made up for it this time. It had several plus a cliff that you could jump off- yes I did, once!
We had lovely weather even though they had called for rain almost every day for the first 5 days! It was like being in Camelot, it mostly only rained at night!
We went to a water park one day, it's official, I am too old for water parks! And another day we went to NYC and spent the day, very long day!

Stopped at a Diners, Drive-ins & Dives place in Jersey City on the way back to the condo, very good, called the Brownstone Diner & Pancake House. Kids loved that we went to a place from the show.

At the end of next week, mom & I are going to a big craft fair in IN for the day and staying overnight in the Amish country. Mmm, love that Shoo Fly pie!!

Back to NYC in Sept with a gardening group on a 6 day, 5 night bus tour! Mom was supposed to go, but is thinking it will be too much for her knee which needs a replacement. Like going to an all day craft festival won't be!

workin4stamps
07-23-2008, 07:42 PM
Next week I am headed to Salt Lake City for SU convention!! I have never been to Utah before, but I am really looking forward to it!!! Mary Hodgman and I are going to be roomies!!

Then 5 days after I get back from convention, I will be going to Stampaway in Cincinnati with Miss FlipFlops herself!

:-)

suzi_f
07-23-2008, 08:47 PM
We went to Ohio/Ky for our "real" vacation. We've gone to Cape Girardeau, MO & Des Moines, IA w/dh for business. We're leaving Sunday for Chicago (Orland Park & Schaumburg to be more exact). When we get back, WE'RE STAYING HOME!!! Dh has another trip to IA (to Dubuque, which I LOVE!!!) but we are not going. School starts for the kids on 8/18 & for me on 8/20 (BUMMER!) so we need some down time. We may go to Bolivar/Spfld MO at Thanksgiving.

directmailscrapper
07-23-2008, 08:52 PM
WOW! Sounds like everyone has been busy! We went to Rehoboth Beach for a week back in June and are heading for the Outer Banks the first full week of August. The summer is flying by! I'll have a full-flegded 7th grader on my hands pretty soon!

Paula Carden
07-23-2008, 08:59 PM
We did vacation in May, Colorado Springs and Santa Fe. It was fun, the Holly Berry Stamp Store/Factory and class was great too.
Aug I will go to Ohio to the Stamp Away for a few days (DH and doggie going too) Hope to meet up with Sherri and Traci for a bit on Sat and find Awana.
Dec we will spend Christmas in NYC and see a Broadway.
We don't like to be home on Christmas. I hope it won't be too terribly cold.
Sounds like everyone is having a great summer.

GSMom385
07-23-2008, 09:09 PM
I am taking a week this time for the MOA Scrapfest trip. Time to pack ahead of time and time to recover and play with my new toys after I get back.

I took the week of 4th off and did nothing, and will take a similar week in August. I really enjoy staying home and talking to you guys and playing in my craftroom on my vacations.

Balloons are this week here so that is sort of like a vacation while I work because there is fun every night playing chase with my camera.

We are going back to Vegas again in Feb, DH is going to shoot again, provided he qualifies, but I don't think that will be a huge issue. Maybe this time he will let me rent a car and I can go check out CA and some other close by places while I am out there. At least I think CA is close right??? Of course I am going back to Viva Vegas Stamps. The trip wouldn't be complete without a visit to see Stampo. We are still fighting about if we are taking the kidlets with this time. I am just not sure my youngest will fly well. She gets car sick, just what I want to do have a kid throwing up on me for two hours out there.

cecescraps
07-24-2008, 12:56 PM
Let's see... we went to Bermuda in late March/ April, to Myrtle Beach, SC for a week in July and we're headed back to SC on Monday for 10 more days. This time we're going to be in the "Upstate" near Clemson, SC staying in a house on Lake Keowee. Can't believe summer is almost over!!! BOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Spartymom
07-24-2008, 01:20 PM
We've had a fun summer, with more fun to come. Went to a Detroit Tiger game, Greenfield Village. Mackinac Island. We are camping this weekend and then the girls and I stay at a hotel for 3 days with lots and lots of (my side) the family. Grandpa (my dad) watches the girls for a night, so that I can go to dinner with my cousins. The girls have had swim lessons which has been wonderful. They are ready for Red cross level 2. oh what else. That's it for now.

Kreative Dryve
07-24-2008, 03:07 PM
We are leaving on the 5th to Utah for my class reunion, and to see family, and then on the way back home we are going to Yellowstone National Park.

irishchristine
07-24-2008, 06:51 PM
We are renting a cottage on silver Lake in Travers City for a week. It is on a beach so we do not have to go very far for the kids to swim, kayak, a use the paddle boats. I will try and get my first suntan in 10 Years. In Augest we are celebrating our 40th Birthdays in Sonoma/Napa for a three night four day spa/wine trip. My DH best friends are coming with their wifes so it should be a blast!! But I do not turn 40 until December!!!LOL

Mrs. StampFantasy
07-25-2008, 07:00 AM
This summer holidays we stay at home. :sad:

http://funkelzauber.blogspot.com