PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane Dolly may be coming our way!

mjbonoan
07-23-2008, 04:09 PM
I guess most of you know that Myrna and I live in the same little town deep down in South Texas... according to http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/goes/east/gmex/loop-vis.html, it looks like we may get lots of rain and some wind. We are right on it's path!!

Christie... how does it look on your side of Texas?

Anyone else in Texas?

Say a prayer, we may need it!!!

Update:
Dolly is here... we're getting bands of lots of rain and high wind. So far so good, looks like we're safe.

directmailscrapper
07-23-2008, 04:13 PM
Stay dry and stay safe! We'll watch the news with you guys in mind and keep you all in our prayers. Keep us posted!

Christie
07-23-2008, 04:13 PM
Well we have only been getting some of the outer rain bands. Raining on and off all day and a little windy but that's it. We really, really needed to rain. I hope that you fair well through it and that it looses some of it's punch by the time it reaches ya. Keep us posted.

dreis1
07-23-2008, 04:14 PM
Please be careful. We will keep you all in our prayers. Glinda

mjbonoan
07-23-2008, 04:16 PM
We've had light showers on and off since noon... seems like the bad part will get here in the wee hours of the morning thru tomorrow. We called the other County offices to see if anyone else is going to be closed. The judge said she is staying open but she can't control the rest of the elected officials. So Treasurer's, District Clerks, and myself have instructed our staff to stay home if it's bad outside!

My3Ds
07-23-2008, 04:53 PM
MJ - Hope you and the rest of the TX girls stay safe. Sure wish the rain had come to the Southwest (Georgia, NC, etc.) they could really use it. Keep in touch.

cindi
07-23-2008, 05:04 PM
we will be praying for you's. please keep us updated as you can so we don't worry too much
:)

iloveflipflops
07-23-2008, 05:04 PM
Do be careful. Are people freaking out?!?!

GSMom385
07-23-2008, 08:08 PM
Stay safe!!

Fief14
07-23-2008, 08:10 PM
Yes, please post when you can & keep us updated. You guys will be in my prayers.

GrammaStamper
07-23-2008, 08:16 PM
Stay safe, MJ and Mryna. These things sound dreadful.

teabear
07-23-2008, 08:17 PM
Hold on to your flip flops. It looks like it will be a doozy.

loobylou
07-23-2008, 08:31 PM
Stay safe. I hope it passes you by without anymore than some rain.

Paula Carden
07-23-2008, 09:04 PM
Yes please stay safe and don't get in harms way!
It is so scarrrry I bet after the last several years of storms.
Please take care!

mjbonoan
07-24-2008, 08:46 AM
Update:
Dolly is here... we're getting bands of lots of rain and high wind. So far so good, looks like we're safe.

Christie
07-24-2008, 08:47 AM
Good to hear from ya Mary Jayne!! We have been getting some really heavy rain this morning. She is such a slow mover I hope she doesn't flood you out. Keep us posted.

mjbonoan
07-24-2008, 08:50 AM
As of now, we're soaked... i'm leaving the County Clerk's Office closed today! I doubt that any one would need to be doing a records search today. Can't risk the safety of my employees...

Christie
07-24-2008, 08:52 AM
As of now, we're soaked... i'm leaving the County Clerk's Office closed today! I doubt that any one would need to be doing a records search today. Can't risk the safety of my employees...

Yeah, I think that is the best thing to do. I coudln't imagine someone wanting to get out in that kind of weather!

Artyfarty
07-24-2008, 08:56 AM
Please stay safe guys xxxx hugs will think of you xxxx

suzi_f
07-24-2008, 09:16 AM
Stay SAFE & keep dry! This is so scary for this midwestern! Like a tornado on steroids!

MyRnAbS
07-24-2008, 02:00 PM
Well Dolly is coming our way, but I think it's lost its strength, and I sure am glad. But it did do a lot of disaster to our neighbors and I'm hurting so much for everyone in Texas!! I hate to read about these disasters, and if I could i'd help them all! It should hit later on during the day here, but I think it'll be winds, and heavy rains. Keep praying for us girls!! Keep in mind that Mary jayne and I are not avid swimmers!! :shocked: I know that sounded bad, but i'm trying to keep a positive mind about this whole thing. :cry2: Thanks for all your support!

MyRnAbS
07-24-2008, 02:05 PM
BTW, where in God's name did Mary Jayne leave her avatar? :skeptical: And shane, don't sweat it about work, heck even TAMIU closed the entire college today, and they say it will resume normal operations tomorrow! Thank God cause I have to take an exam tomorrow at the college. If ozzy doesn't work, i'm going to make him go with me cause Myrna skeery to drive in the rain!! Only one problem is that Ozzy drives me crazy with all his talking!! So he'll be :chatterbox: and i'll have to be :dull: hopefully the rain subsides so I can go in peace alone!! I hate men ;) jk

cindi
07-24-2008, 10:15 PM
is it over?? Myrna come on up to maine..I am a fish in the water..way better in water than on land..lol I'll giva ya swim lessons!
stay safe ladies
:)

mjbonoan
07-24-2008, 11:47 PM
We're safe, it over... we may still get some more rain, but the winds and rain have stopped for now. We still have a 50% chance of rain for tomorrow. We were under sever drought this summer, so any rain is welcome! I'm sure there will be more hurricanes this season, as long as they are in the Gulf of Mexico we get some of it!

BTW ... Cindi, I just watched a series of three movies, Sarah, Plain and Tall, plus it's two sequels... with Glenn Close, her character was from Maine and she loved the sea! Great movies to watch!

MyRnAbS
07-25-2008, 07:19 PM
Well there it is!! Shane's avatar is back, thank god! I hate to talk without looking at the person kwim? ;) BTW cindi!!! OMG!! It rained for a few seconds must of been just drizzle!! By the time I went outside to check all I got to see was a million mosquitos that suck ur blood!! So Cindi I might still head on up there with the flood that Mary Jayne is expecting!! :shocked: I'm so glad that nothing happens in Z-town!! Thank you all so much for your prayers, and thank God for our safety!!

mjbonoan
07-25-2008, 07:32 PM
Myrna don't you watch the weather channel... there's still a 50% chance of rain!

threefriends91
07-25-2008, 07:35 PM
l'm so glad that your both safe.it must be so scray..l feel so sorry for those poor people that get caught up in these storms...l have only seen these on TV l'm not sure what l'd do if l had to worry about these every summer...Big Hugs Thank God your safe..

logcabincreations
07-25-2008, 07:39 PM
You girls have been in my thoughts and prayers....I've been in Myrtle Beach, SC on vacation all week, but still watching the news. Hugs.

MyRnAbS
07-25-2008, 08:08 PM
Mary Jayne is hilarious!! Why she's my weather channel!!

Thank you so much girls for your continued prayers!! THey are working their magic miracles!!

cindi
07-25-2008, 08:26 PM
weathered the storm. MJ..those movies sound interesting.I have not seen them.
take care..both of you
:wubclub: