PDA

View Full Version : Oh my...have you seen the giant

Polkadotspot
07-30-2008, 10:04 PM
cupcake pan made by Wilton !? I went to M's today and they had them in stock. I had seen a huge cupcake on the cover of a magazine, but hadn't ever seen the actual pan. The pan is pretty large. They are $34 and something before tax...I wanted one but was a GOOD girl and didn't get one today but may have to go back and get one LOL
Wouldn't it be cute to ice one in polkadots LOL

BTW...it is a cupcake but when finished it is the size of a cake!

Vintagegal
07-30-2008, 10:10 PM
I haven't seen the one at Michael's. I have a LARGE cupcake shape baking pan that I bought at Sur La Table. It's really a brioche pan. It's 8" across. Just massive. I've baked bread in it, and it is just cute when it's done. Here'a a link to the pan I own:

Sur La Table Brioche Pan (http://www.surlatable.com/product/kitchenbakeware/bread+%26+brioche+molds/fluted-nonstick+brioche+molds.do)

I'll have to check out the Michael's pan when I go there this weekend.

directmailscrapper
07-30-2008, 10:11 PM
I bought this pan for my sister's birthday. She's used it once. She had to transport the finished cake to my house -- and the top layer kept slipping! She told me that she was going to have to practice to get the right amount of batter in each part -- but boy that darn cake was cute!

cindi
07-30-2008, 10:25 PM
but how cute!!!

yoo hoo Erin do you have this?? have you posted a pic of the finished cake??
if I make one..do I have to share??
lol
:)

My3Ds
07-30-2008, 11:17 PM
Yep. Saw them at Target and refused to buy it for $30 (I cheap). But, a friend said she got hers at M's with the 40% coupon. I'm like, 'DUH' why didn't I think of that. They also have a pan with four smaller (but larger than normal) cupcakes.