PDA

View Full Version : Is it too early to start on NEXT YEAR's Christmas cards? HA

iloveflipflops
12-16-2006, 04:42 PM
Now that i have your attention, I was at the stamp store today and the cashier said "Do you have your Christmas cards done?" and i am thinking to myself, Hello its a week before Christmas. Yes I have mine done" so i just said Yep they are all done and mailed out.... I then tell her I am ready to start on my Easter cards. I thought she was going to fall out of her chair! Ha I then told her I start my holiday cards in July but that I want to do it differently next year. I joke now that I want to start them for next year but I must wait as there will be new cuter stamps coming out closer to Christmas next year .... Oh well. What can i say?????

lost luggage
12-16-2006, 04:55 PM
Funny...I was just thinking the SAME thing. I am going to wait next year. I think I owrk better under pressure. I am putting off Valentines as well. My friend sent me the most fantastic card this year. It's my favorite. I know she waited until a few days ago tot make them and it is so simple and nice. I am no longer going to torture myself! :)

My3Ds
12-16-2006, 04:57 PM
She obviously doesn't know you very well or she would have said something like, "Are you ready to mail out your 4th of July cards". You kill me girl... :)

kerry
12-16-2006, 05:13 PM
I think most all of us had our cards done for a while.

PS...I'm looking to get some stamps from Magnolia for next year's cards...I've been to their website, the trouble is, I can't read it as it is totally in another language. I put tons of stuff in my shopping cart, was ready to check out until it asked (I think) about the type of shipping...I couldn't figure out what it was saying so I just didn't order this time. I dont think there was a way to see the text in english either.

I'll figure it out. The prices weren't that bad and you can get them unmounted, mounted or on EZ mount.

Kerry

iloveflipflops
12-16-2006, 05:17 PM
what language is it in? What is the website? Maybe i need to check it out too. We help each other right?

suzi_f
12-16-2006, 07:32 PM
Ok, what does that say about me???? Mine are not done, they are not addressed. They are not even cards right now, just card fronts :(

I got my "base" cardstock this past week. It's too thick to go thru my printer w/o jamming!!!!!!!! Whaaaaaa!! I finally got them all printed on dh's printer (an ordeal in & of itself. DH is gonna have to send his computer for repair so I also had to pull all MY stuff of his hard drive in case they wipe it all out double :() I would finish my cards tonite but I've got to go to a stupid work-related c'mas party, ALONE!!! Dh won't go (of course, I need him to watch the kids anyway) I want to stay home!! I want to FINISH something!!

ccstampin'
12-16-2006, 07:59 PM
I have all the makings for next year's Christmas cards. I plan to make them right after the holidays this year. I want to try this and see if I feel deprived of the frantic frenzy next November. Somehow, I don't think I will miss that!!!I knew if I waited I'd feel compelled to buy a bunch of new Christmas stamps next year and I spent way too much on this one this year!!!
So today, I went to JoAnn's and bought way too many spools of the necessary ribbon...just in case...and it was on sale!
Just thought I'd tell you my plans.....you're all going to be jealous next year when you've decided you waited too long!!! LOL:biglaugh:
Joanie:nod:

hutchink
12-16-2006, 09:32 PM
I have spend hours tring to order and just can't get it! I did ready that you need ed to pay with paypal but it still would not let me check out!

Here is the link:
http://www.dreamcottage.nu/minbutik/home.html

Please let me know if you can help!

~K

Erin K
12-16-2006, 09:47 PM
I can't tell anything on that site? What language is that? Who here speaks it? How much are those stamps in American dollars?

CRAFTNMOM
12-16-2006, 10:30 PM
Does anyone here know how to read that? That's a sign of a true addict...I want some and I have no idea how to read the website. LOL! :biglaugh:
Catherine

hutchink
12-16-2006, 11:26 PM
american dollars... most stamps mounted on EZ around $8-9 dollars...not sure how to check out! I did email them so I will let you know when I hear back from them!

~K

GSMom385
12-16-2006, 11:51 PM
I am trying to find a translator online that can help you. Give me a minute to locate one and we should be able to view the site in English. Swedish isn't a real common language that is why it is taking me a minute.

GSMom385
12-17-2006, 12:09 AM
Here is a website that will translate but be careful, they only give you 4 tries, I already messed mine up making sure it would work. So make sure you are on the order area and then paste that link in to translate the page. Good luck!!

http://www.systransoft.com/index.html