PDA

View Full Version : Chocolate fountain?

HeatherJ
08-04-2008, 04:09 PM
My DD has her heart set on setting up the chocolate fountain her grandmother bought her. We live in a small town and do not have access to buy the fancy Belgian chocolate wafers that I know will work well. My friend tells me she has just used chocolate chips and oil with great success, but she is not available to ask the amounts. The book does not offer much help and all my Google results talk about the chips that already have the ooodles of cocoa butter in them, the ones we can't buy here.

How big a bag of chocolate chips are we talking about? And how much oil?

I hope my Shack friends can come to the rescue!

dreis1
08-04-2008, 04:41 PM
My DD has used the chips and oil. She is at work right now. I will ask her when she gets home and let you know if someone else has not already provided the info. Glinda

HeatherJ
08-04-2008, 05:01 PM
Thanks, Glinda!

dreis1
08-04-2008, 08:59 PM
Heather, I don't know if I will be able to help you or not. The chocolate machine was done for her by her sister-in-law. DD thinks she used the large Hershey Bar (I am not sure if it was a pound or two pound bar and 1/2 cup of oil). The sister-in-law is not available to ask her. Sorry I thought I could help. Glinda

tesschap
08-04-2008, 09:46 PM
If it's any help I use a 1/2 cup of oil to one bag of chocolate chips when I make my homemade candies and chocolate dipped cookies. I believe the chocolate would be about the right consistancy for a chocolate fountain. FYI - I have found that dark chocolate chips work better than milk chocolate chips.

scrappinnuts
08-04-2008, 09:57 PM
I use Chocolate chips a large bag... and I use 1/2 cup of oil... we are having one for a going away party for my Youngest Daughter this weekend... they are always a great success at any party we have.

HeatherJ
08-05-2008, 10:56 AM
Thanks, gals! I am crossing my fingers! :) Well, licking them soon!!!