PDA

View Full Version : I made that soda cake... and my day...

Erin K
12-16-2006, 09:33 PM
I used red cream soda and vanilla cake. It was really good, I made them into cupcakes. Everyone liked them.

We saw Brian's Papa in the assisted living place, it's depressing and stinky there. I mean literally stinky, not "stinky" the word I always use. I couldn't put my finger on it, just smelled like old people? Also the air in there is very dry and it made my throat hurt. (still have the cold ya know) I gave him the blanket and he loved it. I think I might make more for the other people in there, lots don't have anyone who visits them. They were all peeking at Stephen and Ethan and wanting them to come over, Stephen and I walked around and said hi to everyone. You could tell it made their day. It was sad.

Well that was my day.

dgbearsmom
12-16-2006, 09:48 PM
I know how you feel. One of my grandmothers lived in a nursing home for years before she passed. My other grandmother had to be in one for awhile after she had a stroke. I loved both my grandmas, but I hated going there. I cried for a long time everytime I went. Mostly for all those old people that didn't have anyone ever visit them and they would just look at me with those pleading eyes. I just couldn't stand it.

I bet it really did make their day to see your beautiful boys. It's sweet of you to think of taking some of them blankets. Some of them really dont' have anyone.

Judy

Erin K
12-16-2006, 10:05 PM
I wish they'd move him up here and then Gram and Marcia could move up too. We could see him every week and all the residents would get to know us and our boys and everyone could enjoy seeing them and it would just be better... My Stepmom has her great aunt in a home near her and they know all the people and visit with them all and stuff every week, I think that's so nice to not just walk past them like they are nothing more than an empty room. :confused: