PDA

View Full Version : My discussion with the GPS with like this (ahem, more like a screaming match)

iloveflipflops
08-08-2008, 06:32 PM
with the GPS went like this ...

GPS ... please take me to Archivers ... do not go via the interstate. It is rush hour and I do not want to be in rush hour traffic.

GPS says "calculating. Turn right onto I-75".

I repeat "I do not want to go onto the interstate and get into rush hour, take me only on the back roads".

GPS again says "recalculating. I can only go I-75"

What a joke. I figure out how to take the back roads and then i do not even make it to Archivers. I make it to Stamp Your Art Out... I had the stamp stores mixed up. LOL

Oh well. I only bought 2 stamps. A naked tree and a candy corn so I can stamp my sister a candy corn tree for Halloween :). Now I am enjoying a very small hot fudge sundae for dinner from Frisch's Big Boy next door :). Mmmmmm.

cindi
08-08-2008, 06:50 PM
sounds ;ike fun stamps..better save yourself though for tomorrow.
yum..I love ice cream for supper!
:)

iloveflipflops
08-08-2008, 08:39 PM
Traci called at 8 and is like only 20 minutes away now .... woo hoo.

logcabincreations
08-08-2008, 08:42 PM
too funny....and what a cute name for a stamping store.

mjbonoan
08-08-2008, 10:40 PM
I hate it when mine does that... she doesn't seem to know where I want to go or how I want to get there!!!

We ended up at the wrong hotel last week when I went to my Election conference (2 Hilton's 3 blocks apart) at 6 a.m. after travelling all night ... I was not a happy camper!!

maxiesmom
08-08-2008, 10:58 PM
That happened to us coming back from our day in NYC last month. We wanted to go to a Diner's, Drive-Ins & Dives place in Jersey City. We had the address already programmed into it , the darned GPS wanted to take us back to the condo. David had to put it in 3 times before it would finally take us there.
I was not amused.

mydogstinks2
08-08-2008, 11:03 PM
Well I'm glad you found a stamp store!!

Vintagegal
08-09-2008, 12:21 AM
You guys talk to your GPS? We must have the old-fashioned style GPS. We plug in the address, then it gives you the option of avoiding or taking the highways/interstate. Then, we go. I've never had an experience with a GPS that you have to speak to. I'm glad that you found a stamp store and got to enjoy dessert, to boot.

maxiesmom
08-09-2008, 12:33 AM
You guys talk to your GPS? We must have the old-fashioned style GPS. We plug in the address, then it gives you the option of avoiding or taking the highways/interstate. Then, we go. I've never had an experience with a GPS that you have to speak to. I'm glad that you found a stamp store and got to enjoy dessert, to boot.

At least the one we used was not interactive. I assumed Sherri did the same thing I did "you're taking us the wrong way, you dumb machine!" :biglaugh:

iloveflipflops
08-09-2008, 07:08 AM
Yes that is what i am talking about Kathy!! LOL

threefriends91
08-09-2008, 08:10 AM
Oh l was thinking about getting one so l could find my way around at the new house..but l have heard strange stories about these..l'd do the same thing Sherri..l'd be fighting and yelling at it... l'm so glad you found your way and the new stamps sound awesome...

suzi_f
08-09-2008, 10:34 AM
Our GPS has Alzheimer's. It can't remember anything newer than 2005! LOL. We have a "new" (2 years old) highway & Beulah can't find it. She shows us driving thru the middle of fields. She can't find our Culvers. She doesn't know that all the S/B stores in Chicago are closed or converted to Wedding Invite places. (ok, that one's not really her fault). I keep telling dh he needs to order her an update but he never does. But, now she's british. The kids were playing w/her in Chicago & gave her a British accent.