PDA

View Full Version : I'm in the home stretch of my Christmas cards...

craftycardz
12-17-2006, 12:14 PM
and I'm procrastinating. (And, yeah, I know it's crunch time.) Does anyone else get bored after doing the same basic design over & over again? For each card, I'm using the same stamp on the outside, same sentiment stamp, the same basic layout, just different patterned paper & color combos, based on what I have available. I have 32 done & only 7 more to go. Then I have to label the envelopes & write them out (getting DH to do his family & friends helps).

I know it's part of my personality to love to start new things but finishing them takes a real effort. I tend to want to do a little bit of this & that. That's why making greeting cards as gifts is still fun for me, because I can do whatever I feel like doing at the moment. I can be inspired by a scrap of patterned paper, embellishment or a technique I've seen in a mag or posted in a gallery. So, is there anyone else out there like me?

Or, can you motivate me to get off my laptop and get to work?!?!?!? I'm so easily distracted. TIA.

Pauline, Santa's last-minute elf

Erin K
12-17-2006, 12:20 PM
Well good for you! You can do it, just get them done.

I make like 5 or more different cards each year. I do totally different and I don't get bored that way. Maybe that would work better for you too? I can't stand to make piles and piles of the same thing.

:) I hope you get them done quick and enjoy doing it!

tojoco
12-17-2006, 12:37 PM
Come on Pauline you can do it. 7 more is better than 70 more. Let's both get off this computer and do what we need to do. Then we'll come back a little later and chat more and be proud that we accomplished what we set out to do.

OK? I'm gone!