PDA

View Full Version : (1)I want to thank you(2)I am so relieved(3)tomorrow is Jacob's last Sun. at church

logcabincreations
08-16-2008, 11:18 AM
(1) You ladies are the best. Always here to give encouraging words, prayers and support. I appreciate you all so much.

(2) My friend Cheryl called me this morning (it was her brother-in-law David who passed away that I wrote about in another thread). Her sister Carolyn has decided to have someone else at the church sing instead of me. I'm very relieved.

You see, David wrote a letter before he died, and Carolyn's son-in-law is going to read it at the funeral. David specifically wanted a song sung (Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus) and he talks about this in his letter. Well, Cheryl had decided she would try to sing with me....until we heard that the song is to be sung after the letter. If the song were before the letter then we probably would have gotten thru it without crying.

Cheryl told Carolyn she didn't think we could sing after the letter. I just can't imagine not crying after hearing the letter.

Carolyn said she knew it would be hard for us, so she is having the pianist sing the song. They are working out funeral arrangements today. Looks like the funeral will be either Monday or Tuesday.

(3) Tomorrow 8/17 is Jacob's last Sunday at church and we are having a cookout at 5pm. He leaves on 8/24. So much has been happening lately that I hope I can keep myself from breaking down. I've been crying some and I know I have to get it out and not hold it in. I want to be able to be strong and not cry when we take him to the recruiting office next Sunday. I know he's ready to go, but a little nervous which is to be expected.

Please keep him in your prayers. Thank you all.

mahodgman
08-16-2008, 11:38 AM
Oh wow, this is a very emotional time for you. I know what you mean about trying to be strong and hold it in, and that is really hard sometimes! All you can do is your best and not worry about the rest.

Christie
08-16-2008, 11:47 AM
Oh I'm sure you are so relieved. The day is going to be hard enough for you without singing. I'm glad that they found someone else to do it. How are you feeling????

scrappinnuts
08-16-2008, 11:49 AM
Oh Jan... I know how hard it is to for you... Stand strong... and I will keep you in my prayers.

lakeslady
08-16-2008, 11:49 AM
Sending prayers for you all and cyber hugs just for you.

shadoob
08-16-2008, 11:57 AM
Jan,
I always try to remember John 8:12 when I send my children off (and lots of other times too). It always reminds me that God is our light...he won't make it all perfect but he will be there to guide us and to comfort us...no matter what!
When my little brother went to Iraq (and my kids to school and my daughter going to London...) I always tell them that I send my love and a hug along with the moon every night..so matter where they are in the world- the moon will drop my love on them nightly. My brother said he remembered it during some hard nights in Iraq.
Sorry this is long.
Peace,
Cheryl

My3Ds
08-16-2008, 02:17 PM
Jan - sending you some big hugs too. How are you feeling today?

micemom
08-16-2008, 03:19 PM
Jan, My thoughts and prayers are with you at this time. Sending hugs . Jean

workin4stamps
08-16-2008, 03:23 PM
wow Jan! You sure have the whole world on your shoulders right now. I am sending you a great big hug!!!!!!!!!

logcabincreations
08-16-2008, 04:30 PM
Thank you all. I am feeling better today. I slept pretty good and didn't have a fever when I woke up this morning so I didn't go to the dr. My throat is a little better too.

Christie
08-16-2008, 08:31 PM
Thank you all. I am feeling better today. I slept pretty good and didn't have a fever when I woke up this morning so I didn't go to the dr. My throat is a little better too.

That's really good to hear!!!

toao
08-16-2008, 08:51 PM
Wow Jan, you need a big ole (((HUG)))).

Fief14
08-17-2008, 01:34 AM
Sorry to hear you have so much on your plate right now, but I'm glad to hear you don't have to sing at the service. I think that would be a very difficult thing to do. Glad to hear you are feeling better--hopefully that helps get you through these tough times. Sending you a hug!

threefriends91
08-17-2008, 07:53 AM
Oh Jan l'm glad your feeling a little better today and you don't have to sing you have enough to deal with right now..(((Big Hugs)))..

Vintagegal
08-17-2008, 08:44 PM
Jan,

I am lifting you up in prayer. Jesus, please wrap your arms around our sister, Jan. Fill her heart with comfort. Give her peace and strength as she says good bye to a dear friend; and as she prepares to send her son off for basic training. May she know that you will always be by her side; you will never forsake her; and when she is at her lowest point, may she give all of her burdens to you. Amen.

Trishlvscards
08-18-2008, 10:54 PM
Oh Jan, I am sending you a big hug!!!! This is quite and emotional time for you. I want you to say thank you to your son from me. I appreciate him more than he will know. It takes a brave, intelligent, warm, loving, gentle soul to join and he is a hero in my book. I will keep him in my prayers.

logcabincreations
08-19-2008, 09:51 AM
Oh Jan, I am sending you a big hug!!!! This is quite and emotional time for you. I want you to say thank you to your son from me. I appreciate him more than he will know. It takes a brave, intelligent, warm, loving, gentle soul to join and he is a hero in my book. I will keep him in my prayers.

Thank you so much.