PDA

View Full Version : help with fettuccine sauce

midnitecreations
08-17-2008, 07:10 PM
My DS has suddenly fallen in love with alfredo fettuccine. I've checked the net and tried a couple of receipes, but I'm just not quite getting it right.:arghh: Help

shuggy
08-17-2008, 07:11 PM
two words...

olive garden

hehe

CharityHand
08-17-2008, 07:34 PM
I just buy my sauce in the jar. I know I'm not much help, but I'd love to find a good and easy recipe for this too.

midnitecreations
08-17-2008, 08:00 PM
two words...

olive garden

hehe

lol! I told him that, but our closet olive garden is 45 mins!

scrappinnuts
08-17-2008, 08:04 PM
Use Fresh Ingrediants...Like freshly grated Parmasean...real heavy whipping cream...not milk... and real butter...makes a huge difference... I make it a lot... don't cook it too fast...you can burn the cream. I hope this helps.

cindi
08-17-2008, 08:05 PM
(white sauce) and add garlic and loads of parmesan cheese..A actually I'm a little different (tehehe,,bet ya never guessed!) I like to use the 3 italilan cheese blend which is parm, romono, and asiago.....I also like to add some fresh basil right before serrving
or..if I'm pressed for time..a jar sauce
:)

scrappinnuts
08-17-2008, 08:41 PM
(white sauce) and add garlic and loads of parmesan cheese..A actually I'm a little different (tehehe,,bet ya never guessed!) I like to use the 3 italilan cheese blend which is parm, romono, and asiago.....I also like to add some fresh basil right before serrving
or..if I'm pressed for time..a jar sauce

Sounds Yummy Cindi...I also like to use the three different types of cheeses...there is just something about blending the fresh taste of all three.

Vintagegal
08-17-2008, 10:35 PM
Here is the recipe I use for my sauce. I add more Parmesan cheese, then what the recipe calls for, though:

http://www.recipezaar.com/141983

scrappinnuts
08-17-2008, 10:51 PM
Here is the recipe I use for my sauce. I add more Parmesan cheese, then what the recipe calls for, though:

OMG.... I will be trying this one...sounds great. TFS

cindi
08-17-2008, 10:55 PM
that does sound yummy!!
it would be a total splurge..as my way is fattening enough..but lower fat..
I will have to splurge on yours though..one of these days

Mrs. Fence
08-17-2008, 11:19 PM
recipe. Hope you like it.

1 8oz package cream cheese
3/4 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup fresh parmesan cheese
Dash ground nutmeg and pepper

Microwave ingredients in a large 1 quart measure. Cook on medium for 6 to 8 min or until sauce is smooth, stirring every 2 minutes.

Toss with cooked fettucine and top with more fresh parm and parsley flakes.

midnitecreations
08-18-2008, 04:14 AM

wow, that does look extremely simple. Thank you.

midnitecreations
08-18-2008, 04:14 AM
recipe. Hope you like it.

1 8oz package cream cheese
3/4 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup fresh parmesan cheese
Dash ground nutmeg and pepper

Microwave ingredients in a large 1 quart measure. Cook on medium for 6 to 8 min or until sauce is smooth, stirring every 2 minutes.

Toss with cooked fettucine and top with more fresh parm and parsley flakes.

Microwaveable! Now that has got to be simple. Thank you. I think I should have enough to try and hopefully I've got one my DS can enjoy.

Kokopelli
08-18-2008, 06:49 AM
Wow! That recipe sound easy and delish! If it's better than Olive Garden it has my vote! I'll be making it to see. Thanks for sharing!