PDA

View Full Version : I didn't make this but I want your opinions...

maxiesmom
08-17-2008, 07:45 PM
What would one DO with this??
http://kathiemcguire.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2008-05-27T17%3A27%3A00-07%3A00&max-results=7

I saw them in person at the stamp show today and it looks like a project that I could do for Christmas with the kids BUT, what in the heck would you do with it?? It seems awfully bulky to carry around in your purse as a note holder. It is a folded over pot holder, so that thick. I loved seeing them, they are super cute! but other than being cute, can you think of a good use for them? My neighbor said right off that it's too bulky to keep in your purse all the time.
Should I pass on making these? I want things that are useful for the most part, not just cute but not very practical.

shurlyjean
08-17-2008, 07:57 PM
I think it is lovely and would make a wonderful Christmas gift. You could fashion a set with a towel for something.

Shirley

shadoob
08-17-2008, 07:58 PM
...honestly..if someone gave it to me, I'd probably "re-gift" it...I agree- it's super cute but WAY too bulky...
~Cheryl

workin4stamps
08-17-2008, 08:15 PM
hmmmm.....I'm kind of on the fence. I can see in some circumstances where it wouldn't be practical (I wouldn't carry it around in my purse!) However, if you had the space, I can see it being used in your kitchen or something to make lists with. I make lists all the time, and I'm always looking for paper to write them on!!! I probably wouldn't leave it sit out...but I'd tuck it in a drawer or something and then pull it out when I needed to use it. Of course it's too much work to be tucked away in a drawer, so does that answer your question?? HOWEVER, if it was left out on the table and company came over, it would make an awfully cute conversation piece!!

I'm no help at all, am I??

maxiesmom
08-17-2008, 08:20 PM
No, you raise some good points. It would be good for something in the kitchen, but again, usually those things are out of the way on the fridge. They're just so darn cute!

allinkdup
08-17-2008, 08:28 PM
Maybe there could be a way to attach a magnet to it and use it for the fridge?

Christie
08-17-2008, 08:46 PM
Oh my that is just too darn cute!! It's way cuter then what I use. I would use it for my grocery list!!!!!

tojoco
08-17-2008, 09:07 PM
I think it's really cute too. Maybe you could find a lighter weight potholder or maybe add two or three pockets on the inside so you could store your driver's license and credit card. Then you could just grab the "potholder" with everything you need to grocery shop and wouldn't need your whole purse. Just a thought. It is too cute not to make.

scrappinnuts
08-17-2008, 09:57 PM
I think if you purchased some really cheap Pot Holders they wouldn't be to bulky...this is a very cute Idea and how cute. I would love to get one of these from one of my kids...and I would carry it in my purse especially for grocery lists.

mjbonoan
08-17-2008, 10:49 PM
It's cute, I like it but, it's too bulky!!!

cindi
08-17-2008, 11:05 PM
of putting magnet strips on it and so it can stay on the fridge and you can use it for grocery list or recipes.
it is super cute
:)

threefriends91
08-17-2008, 11:35 PM
It is cute if l made one like this l think l would use it for my recipes or it might make a nice house warming gift with your fav's recipes..
l would never carry it around l agree its just to big for that..

loobylou
08-18-2008, 04:23 AM
I think it is super cute. I'd use it for shopping lists or menu planning (I'd tear off the page on shopping day and just carry that in my purse).
At my house, I think it would need a loop at the top and I'd hang it on a hook in my kitchen.

Kokopelli
08-18-2008, 06:44 AM
It is an absolutely cute idea, but I'm not sure how practical it is. Maybe you could think about using a plain potholder or a non-kitchen theme and put something else on the inside...like a small emergency sewing kit, or something. They sure are cute!