PDA

View Full Version : Have to say all 4 books from Twilight saga are a must read!

Suzanne
08-18-2008, 07:34 AM
I finished reading the last book in the Twilight series yesterday. 768 pages in 3 days. If you are looking for something to read then you have to read these. I was sad to get to the last page because I wanted more.

I know they are suppose to be for teenagers but I think these are fabulous for even those of us way past being teens.

Just thought I'd share.

logcabincreations
08-18-2008, 08:41 AM
I think I've heard about these books....vampire series? who is the author?

MidwestStamper
08-18-2008, 09:03 AM
Stephanie Meyers is the author, and I have the book too! My brother just got done reading it and I'm next--love this series! They're making a movie from it that comes out in December.

Last night I just finished reading my other 700+ page book "Acheron" which is the latest and greatest from Sherrilyn Kenyon in her Dark Hunter Series--that was a gut wrenching book!

Suzanne
08-18-2008, 09:39 AM
Noted that author Lidia. I'll have to check her books out.

Not sure about the movie at least the actors anyway. I say photos online & little bit of the trailer and the one they have playing Edward just doesn't feel right to me.

suzi_f
08-18-2008, 10:54 AM
DD is DYING to see the movie. She is planning her whole life around it. She said the release date has been moved up (Nov 21st maybe???) She's planning on taking her friends to see it for her b'day.

teabear
08-18-2008, 11:41 AM
I just picked up the first book from this series at the library. Haven't opened it yet, though.

MidwestStamper
08-18-2008, 06:46 PM

Not sure about the movie at least the actors anyway. I say photos online & little bit of the trailer and the one they have playing Edward just doesn't feel right to me.

I agree about the actor playing Edward--his face just doesn't do it for me--and the little hair flip in front drives me crazy--I guess it's a style for teens though.

MidwestStamper
08-18-2008, 06:49 PM
DD is DYING to see the movie. She is planning her whole life around it. She said the release date has been moved up (Nov 21st maybe???) She's planning on taking her friends to see it for her b'day.

How interesting about the movie release date--November 21st is what it says on the movie website now. I wonder if that has anything to do with the new Harry Potter movie being MOVED from this November to next July?

suzi_f
08-18-2008, 07:19 PM
How interesting about the movie release date--November 21st is what it says on the movie website now. I wonder if that has anything to do with the new Harry Potter movie being MOVED from this November to next July?

That was EXACTLY my thought when she told me it was moving. I bet that was the reason!

CountryChicStamper
08-26-2008, 07:00 PM
Stephanie Meyers is the author, and I have the book too! My brother just got done reading it and I'm next--love this series! They're making a movie from it that comes out in December.

Last night I just finished reading my other 700+ page book "Acheron" which is the latest and greatest from Sherrilyn Kenyon in her Dark Hunter Series--that was a gut wrenching book!

The release of the movie has been pushed up 3 weeks instead of 12/12/08 its coming out 11/21/08.

I am on the second book and I am hooked. I dont care if they are for teenagers, harry potter is for kids and all ages reads the series.

CountryChicStamper
08-26-2008, 07:26 PM

Nope not as dashing as I had hoped for.