PDA

View Full Version : Palooza 09 Headcount....

mydogstinks2
08-20-2008, 11:04 AM
Ladies let me know if I have my list right:

YES I'm coming:
mydogstinks2
spredbirds
robinkay
spartymom
grammastamper
workin4stamps
iloveflipflops
inkisallover
logcabincreations
maxiesmom
scraphappy908
hutchink
kimmyqtgirl
fief14
ellie
gsmom385
3am&mmom
shuggy
sweetpea aka cute mom
patty
threefriends
directmailscrapper
ccstampin12
tattoolesa
emmcee
Shadoob
Trishlvscards
allinkdup
Teabear
Suzi f
Tojoco
Cindi
Canadian, eh

MAYBE, I'll let you know later:
midweststamper
stampcrazyjulie
firefly
sherry
Suzanne

Here is a link to the orginal postings:

http://stamp-shack.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22720

here is a link to the spot where we are holding the event:

http://www.in.gov/dnr/parklake/inns/potawatomi/

Here are a few details:

We planned out the seating in the room where we are cropping last year. We decided that there was room to "crop in comfort" for 30 people. We will totally make room for more people if we need to. ALSO we learned last year that this place books up FAST!! That is why we are planning this so far ahead. I need to make sure I have rooms for everyone to sleep in. Right now the cost is at $165 each. That includes your cropping space and your room that you share with another shackie, for 3 nights. (thursday - sunday event)

Now if someone drops out then the cost will change, go up. If we get more then the cost will go down. Does that make since to everyone?? I have a set price from the Inn that I'm splitting with everyone. One price for the cropping room, then the price of the sleeping rooms. The cropping room price is what changes the most depending on the people we have. The sleeping rooms will not change in price just simply if I need 1 more I just get 1 more. If I need 1 less I just drop one.

Important update:
I called the Inn to talk to them about a few things. There is important info I need to share with you all. The Inn is booked up for that weekend. The only rooms they have left are the patio rooms that are down stairs and are very expensive. Plus they are by the pool and everything down there smells like the pool! eewww. So basicly the rooms that I already have is all that I'm gonna get. I can not add any more. The means there are only 2 spots left for rooms to sleep. If I do not have you on the YES list and you plan on being at the event let me know right away and I will add you. I want there to be room for everyone!!

There is an option for have 3 per room like Chelsea, Kim & I are doing but we will make arrangements for that if we need to. Nobody panic!

If you have any questions please feel free to PM me or even call me. I will not be able to be back on line until tomorrow. You can also PM Robinkay and she can call me if you need a question answered right away. Chelsea is also helping out again this year so she can answer some questions too.

Airport info:

Chicago is about 3 hours away. Detroit is about 4 hours away. Toledo is small but just about 2.5 hours away. Fort Wayne is about 1.5 hours away. There is not really one super close so I know that is a pain. Some shackies are arranging rides back and forth to airports so I'm sure we can work something out.

Some of you should really think about car pooling!! I know some of you are not to far apart from each other. Perhaps some one else who would like to come is on your way.

Just an FYI:

When we all meet up abot 3 years ago in North carolina Robinkay and I picked up MindySue on the way. It was about a half hour out of our way. We split the gas 3 was there and back. It cost us about $30 each round trip. I know gas is a little more now but considering if it was split by 3 or 4 people how much cheap it would be!!!

Just something to think on!

emmcee
08-20-2008, 11:23 AM
Is it to late to add me? I think I said something on the original post.

logcabincreations
08-20-2008, 11:25 AM
I need a roommate....anyone want to room with me?

mydogstinks2
08-20-2008, 11:26 AM
Is it to late to add me? I think I said something on the original post.

I have added you to my list!!!

ellie
08-20-2008, 11:26 AM
I am counting the days!

My3Ds
08-20-2008, 11:41 AM
Oh man! That's a list of who's who! Wish I could go. That many Shackies in one place at the same time is awesome.

shuggy
08-20-2008, 11:53 AM
http://www.familylobby.com/common/tt1878649fltt.gif

ccstampin12
08-20-2008, 12:02 PM
Did ya see that Lesa and I just "snuck in" this week?
LOL
Joanie

shuggy
08-20-2008, 12:11 PM
Did ya see that Lesa and I just "snuck in" this week?
LOL
Joanie

fantastic!! i'm so glad!!!

frankiesue
08-20-2008, 12:33 PM
:cry2: I wish I could come.........

Suzanne
08-20-2008, 02:11 PM
Can I be added as a maybe please? I could drive to that since it is only 6-1/2 hrs north of me.

MidwestStamper
08-20-2008, 02:13 PM
WOW! That's almost the whole gang that came to MOA last fall! I sure would like to come but I just don't see how I can afford it. When's the very last deadline for deciding if I can or can't come?

Oh, and what's the Airport we fly into again if we're flying?

scraphappy908
08-20-2008, 02:21 PM
I need a roommate....anyone want to room with me?

Jan, I would be happy to room with you as I don't have anyone yet!

maxiesmom
08-20-2008, 02:25 PM
I'm pretty sure Beth, Canadian, eh is coming cause I'm dragging her along this time! Jennifer, Kimmy & I talked her into it!

maxiesmom
08-20-2008, 02:26 PM
Jan, I would be happy to room with you as I don't have anyone yet!

You haven't been able to talk your neighbor into it?? :sad:

Spartymom
08-20-2008, 03:11 PM
It's going to be fun and what a great turn out so far.

directmailscrapper
08-20-2008, 03:41 PM
Oh my gosh, I am sitting here at my desk with the biggest smile on my face! Just looking at the list of attendees is making me giddy. Can't wait!

midnitecreations
08-20-2008, 03:42 PM
I wanna come too! I'm going to see if i can work this schedule out.

allinkdup
08-20-2008, 04:14 PM
I would LOVE to come.

Seeing that it is the weekend of one of Ohio's big stamp shows and I usually work that one (adventuresinstamping). I would much rather go to hang out with ya'll than work!

It is also the weekend of my hubby's bday...so in order for me to get to go anywhere...well, I have to work out the details with "favors" so to speak :)

logcabincreations
08-20-2008, 04:20 PM
Ellie and Patty invited me to stay in their room (if it's big enough Ellie said...lol)

cindi
08-20-2008, 04:54 PM
count me as a maybe!! if I can't go some where tropical this year..then maybe I can do this instaed! problem is..I won't know until December. hey Chris does this place a have a lounge???
:)

kimmyqtgirl
08-20-2008, 07:39 PM
Yup Me and Jennifer (fief14) are going! I can't wait.

maxiesmom
08-20-2008, 07:43 PM
count me as a maybe!! if I can't go some where tropical this year..then maybe I can do this instaed! problem is..I won't know until December. hey Chris does this place a have a lounge???

I know they have a restaurant, but I don't remember a lounge. Uhh, we did bring along a few libations and a few that didn't even get drank :shocked:. Kimmy & I definitely think we need to remedy that next time. I think you'd do a fine job Miss Cindi!

workin4stamps
08-20-2008, 07:55 PM
I'm coming!!!!!!!!!!!!

Robinkay
08-20-2008, 08:31 PM
I would LOVE to come.

Seeing that it is the weekend of one of Ohio's big stamp shows and I usually work that one (adventuresinstamping). I would much rather go to hang out with ya'll than work!

It is also the weekend of my hubby's bday...so in order for me to get to go anywhere...well, I have to work out the details with "favors" so to speak :)

Awna, It would be great to have you there. Work out those "favors" girlfriend! :cute:

mydogstinks2
08-21-2008, 02:51 AM
Ok I updated some airport info.

I added names to the maybe list.

I also added a great tip for anyone who is still thinking about coming!!

I will work on room mates and so on as I need to.

Right now I just really need a rough guess of how many people so if I need to add rooms I can while they still have them.

Thank you all for being patient with me! LOL

kimmyqtgirl
08-21-2008, 03:31 AM
Kathy, I think we will do much better this year... And I have a feeling it won't take us 13 hours to get there either! ha ha ha... ok it wasn't that long... I still want to stop at that stamping day and night store. I hope with an extra day I can actually work on some stuff instead of chatting :)

kimmyqtgirl
08-21-2008, 03:35 AM
Detroit airport is only about 2 hours away (unless you take the shopping route). So that is not a bad place to fly into.

GSMom385
08-21-2008, 10:12 AM
Me and M&M Mom are definate!!! We are totally looking forward to it. Not to the drive but to the event yes. Lidia-why don't you ride with us?? We can talk about it at MOA this year. We would love to have you. Pretty sure we are driving all of it, and not flying. It is only 5 hours to Chicago from here and if it is 3 on from there that isn't even worth flying and then renting to finish out the trip. Rather drive my own car.

MidwestStamper
08-21-2008, 11:21 AM
Me and M&M Mom are definate!!! We are totally looking forward to it. Not to the drive but to the event yes. Lidia-why don't you ride with us?? We can talk about it at MOA this year. We would love to have you. Pretty sure we are driving all of it, and not flying. It is only 5 hours to Chicago from here and if it is 3 on from there that isn't even worth flying and then renting to finish out the trip. Rather drive my own car.

I will definately think about this! I brought it up to my DH last night, and he doesn't have any problem with me going--but reminded me that my younger DS is going to Europe next summer with the HS Band, and that he might also want to do the Spring Junior Class trip to Washington DC--so that is going to be lots of $$$$$ at about the same time!

mydogstinks2
08-21-2008, 11:36 AM

Just forget the tropics and come join us. We can make you a drink and throw sand at you. See it will be just like the tropics!! Plus you can go down to the sauna and pool, just pretend it is an ocean!!! LOL

cindi
08-21-2008, 12:02 PM
Just forget the tropics and come join us. We can make you a drink and throw sand at you. See it will be just like the tropics!! Plus you can go down to the sauna and pool, just pretend it is an ocean!!! LOL

aww.. you gals sure know how to make me feel loved!
how far is the airport..I don't drive..that could be a problem

iloveflipflops
08-21-2008, 12:03 PM
I'm sure there is enough going who can pick you up Cindi :)

cindi
08-21-2008, 12:04 PM
I have never travels alone..the thought scrares the pants off me, I must admit!
where do you girls buy cheap tickets from?

mydogstinks2
08-21-2008, 12:18 PM
I have never travels alone..the thought scrares the pants off me, I must admit!
where do you girls buy cheap tickets from?

Ask Angie about tickets, I know she got a great price for her and her cute Mom.

cindi
08-21-2008, 12:27 PM
I'll pm her

shuggy
08-26-2008, 01:26 PM
i just watch the prices everyday, it seems!! and when it's decent, i get them!!! usually at kayak.com, travelocity.com, expedia.com.

tojoco
08-26-2008, 02:55 PM

I'll bet they'll even let you wear your bikini to the crops!

tojoco
08-26-2008, 02:56 PM
Chris, mine is a maybe depending on airfare and I would also need a roomie unless they have single rooms.

cindi
08-26-2008, 03:25 PM
I'll bet they'll even let you wear your bikini to the crops!

:shocked:
lol
tankini maybe! you girls don't want to see me falling out of a bikini

logcabincreations
08-26-2008, 03:39 PM
the closest I've ever come to a bikini is my birthday suit....and I don't wear that if I can help it...lol. I've NEVER worn a bikini.

scraphappy908
08-26-2008, 05:50 PM
I couldn't talk my neighbor into coming so I am looking for a roomie. I am also driving from the Metro Detroit area. If anyone is flying in to Detroit, I would be happy to have company on the road trip to Indiana. Just let me know!

GotCats?
08-26-2008, 07:06 PM
Bummer I'd love to go, but I have to save all my vacation for stamp expo shows for the business. But if I didn't have that I'd TOTALLY be there! Only a 5 hour drive for me!!!! But can't exactly do that after work on a Friday, then get back for work on Monday......
Hmmmm.......

tojoco
08-26-2008, 07:50 PM
I couldn't talk my neighbor into coming so I am looking for a roomie. I am also driving from the Metro Detroit area. If anyone is flying in to Detroit, I would be happy to have company on the road trip to Indiana. Just let me know!

Amy, my status is a "maybe" right now depending on a good airfare deal. I'm looking into flying into Detroit. If I can get a good price, I will be there and would love to be your roomie.

Canadian, eh
08-26-2008, 11:32 PM
Date please.

Robinkay
08-27-2008, 07:58 AM
Date please.

The dates are April 23rd-26th 2009.

You can also look at page 1 of this thread...it has the dates and other links for that weekend. It would be great if you could come! :)

spredbirds
08-30-2008, 03:10 PM
Date please.

Beth- it would be GREAT if you could come .... Kim (hutchink) and I will be there .... plus your other MI stamping friends (Kimmy and Jennifer)

tattoolesa
08-30-2008, 03:26 PM
Yippee!! Thanx for doing all the footwork Chris, Robin & Chelsea. :)

mydogstinks2
09-19-2008, 09:11 AM
I have added a VERY IMPORTANT update to the very first posting on this thread!

allinkdup
09-19-2008, 06:46 PM
I am crossing my fingers. I will be driving from the Sandusky/Toledo Ohio area :)

Robinkay
09-19-2008, 08:35 PM
Awna that would be great if you could come!