PDA

View Full Version : Shackapalooza QUESTION

ccstampin12
08-22-2008, 08:54 AM
Lesa and I will be flying in from Boston....Cindi, where are you flying from?
We don't even know where we're flying TO!!!
What is the closest airport?
Does anyone know if the hotel has a shuttle from any airport?
We need to get these tickets bought, but don't know Where to???
ANY help will be appreciated!
Joanie:confused:

logcabincreations
08-22-2008, 08:56 AM
Yes Chris....can you post the name and address of the Inn? I will need to do mapquest.

directmailscrapper
08-22-2008, 09:47 AM
Resident expert on flying to the Inn, here. I spent HOURS and HOURS and HOURS last year trying to find the best airport to fly into!

Here is what I found:

Ft Wayne is the closest -- only about 1/2 hour from the Inn. But I just couldn't get there from here without silly layovers and very expensive tickets!

The Detroit airport is about 2 hours away. I guess you would either have to rent a car or utilize one of the many very helpful Shackie taxi services that are probably available. I used the Fief/Kimmy taxi service and found it to offer exceptional service and friendly staff. My airfare to Detroit was about $175 R/T. No idea about this year!

Chicago is about 3 hours away, I think. I considered flying into there and renting a car.

There are several smaller airports in the area that are not serviced by any of the airports near me -- but you may want to consider Lansing or Toledo.

Here is the website for the resort -- check out driving directions for more ideas: https://potawatomiinn.dnr.state.in.us/

workin4stamps
08-22-2008, 10:02 AM
Personally, I think the Detroit airport would probably get you the best price. I don't really know for sure, but I think it's a lot cheaper to fly into Detroit than Fort Wayne, and there are lots more options!!!

I am only about 45 minutes from the Detroit airport, and I am perfectly willing to pick anyone up from there that needs a ride as well.....

mydogstinks2
08-22-2008, 10:27 AM
WOW thank you Nancy, She pretty much summed it all up!

The spot is just not very easy to get to. I'm sorry for that. But trust me you will think it is worth it in the end!

irishchristine
08-22-2008, 10:33 AM
Detroit (DTW) is the cheapest!

Darleneh710
08-22-2008, 10:35 AM
Lesa and I will be flying in from Boston....Cindi, where are you flying from?
We don't even know where we're flying TO!!!
What is the closest airport?
Does anyone know if the hotel has a shuttle from any airport?
We need to get these tickets bought, but don't know Where to???
ANY help will be appreciated!
Joanie:confused:

Joanie, can you stuff me in your suitcase??? I want to go ! lol

mydogstinks2
08-22-2008, 10:42 AM
How are you ladies on road trips?? It's a 14 hour drive.

I'm not sure the cost of renting a car but is the 3 of you, Joanie, Lesa, Cindi all pitched in it may be cheaper than the flying.

Then you could pick-up Darlene on the way too! LOL

logcabincreations
08-22-2008, 10:44 AM
I did a Mapquest and a Yahoo map thingy and it's about a 9-10 hour drive from Virginia.

Darleneh710
08-22-2008, 11:00 AM
How are you ladies on road trips?? It's a 14 hour drive.

I'm not sure the cost of renting a car but is the 3 of you, Joanie, Lesa, Cindi all pitched in it may be cheaper than the flying.

Then you could pick-up Darlene on the way too! LOL

Thanks for including me, Chris! As much as I would LOVE to meet alll of you...really can't...maybe next time right ? lol

ccstampin12
08-22-2008, 11:44 AM
I'm thinking we're not road trip kinda gals!
LOL
Joanie

ccstampin12
08-22-2008, 11:52 AM
Personally, I think the Detroit airport would probably get you the best price. I don't really know for sure, but I think it's a lot cheaper to fly into Detroit than Fort Wayne, and there are lots more options!!!

I am only about 45 minutes from the Detroit airport, and I am perfectly willing to pick anyone up from there that needs a ride as well.....

Thanks, Traci!
We just might take you up on this offer!
We'll do some research on flights, etc. so we'll know "something" soon.
Thanks so much!
Joanie:notworthy:

workin4stamps
08-22-2008, 12:49 PM
Thanks, Traci!
We just might take you up on this offer!
We'll do some research on flights, etc. so we'll know "something" soon.
Thanks so much!
Joanie:notworthy:

yep!! Just let me know!! I would be happy to!

iloveflipflops
08-22-2008, 02:56 PM
Let me know where you fly into. I am "thinking" of flying too. Especially if I can get my $15 mastercard miles rate, like I did when i came to see you and Lesa. LOL

scraphappy908
08-22-2008, 02:56 PM
To any of you ladies who are flying into Detroit, I would be happy to pick one or two of you up and drive to Indiana. I live only fifteen minutes from the airport and then we can jump on the freeway right to Shackapalooza!! PM me if anyone is interested.

iloveflipflops
08-22-2008, 03:02 PM
How far is Shackapalooza from the detroit airport?

scraphappy908
08-22-2008, 03:12 PM
I think it's about 145 miles. It took maxiesmom and I about 2 1/2 hours to get there.

emmcee
08-22-2008, 03:15 PM
I'm going to drive, it's about a 10 hour drive from here about 650 miles. That computes to 65 mph so if I gas on it, I could maybe knock it down to about 8.5 or 9 hours! LOL> So if anyone wants to ride with me, I'll be glad for the company.

maxiesmom
08-22-2008, 03:27 PM
Since no one has answered this part of the question, no Joanie, the inn does not have a shuttle. While it is a good size place, it is still a small hotel in a state park.

There is always the possibilty that I can do airport pickup as well, I'm just not sure if Beth is in yet or not. If she's in, possibly Barb can drive to her, Beth drive them to me and I'd take it from there soooo don't know if I have room yet or not! I may be full up!

iloveflipflops
08-22-2008, 03:51 PM
Ok Michelle ... I just decided I am gonna ride with you ... if we go 85 north, I will drive up your way and leave my car at your house. That will much funner than flying by myself :). Sound like a plan Stan? :)

directmailscrapper
08-22-2008, 04:42 PM
Last year when I used the Fief/Kimmy taxi service, it took us NINE HOURS to get to the Inn from the Detroit airport!!!! Of course, we stopped at every scrapbook/stamping store in 3 states on our way!!!! And what a ride! So much fun! But if they are kind enough to make that offer again this year, I think we'll probably settle for a stop or two...

emmcee
08-22-2008, 05:02 PM
Ok Michelle ... I just decided I am gonna ride with you ... if we go 85 north, I will drive up your way and leave my car at your house. That will much funner than flying by myself :). Sound like a plan Stan? :)

Sounds like a plan, Stan, to me. This will be lots of fun. Come on April!

Patty
08-22-2008, 05:08 PM
oh boy--last year Ellie and i drove--I flew to Charlotte and then we drove from there. Driving up wasn't bad, but driving back was a bummer. We bettr get this figured out soon. I think we need a travel director!!