PDA

View Full Version : Only three more days

logcabincreations
08-22-2008, 01:36 PM
and I'll officially be a boot-camp mom. We take Jacob to the USMC recruiting office this Sunday morning to leave first for Petersburg, VA to spend the night--where he will be briefed, and then he'll travel on to Parris Island, SC on Monday. :cry2:

Of course I'm proud, but a little nervous and sad too. I would appreciate your prayers for Jacob as he embarks on this new journey that God will protect him, that Jacob will have clarity of mind and physical strength in the days ahead, and that he will make Godly choices when he is faced with temptations such as alcohol, tobacco, drugs and sex. I'm not so naive that I don't know these things will be available to him at times. Sadly, that's life. He accepted Christ as his Savior and was baptized several years ago, and he has done well so far with finishing high school in the top 10% of his class, and graduating from community college with a 2-year Assoc. Degree in science. I pray he is well-prepared to face new challenges, and that he'll be able to handle temptations with guidance from the Holy Spirit.

Thank you all again for being so supportive with your thoughts, well wishes, and especially your prayers. You just don't know how much it means to me...more than you can imagine. :wubclub:

tojoco
08-22-2008, 02:10 PM
Jan, my heart goes out to you as you know how well I know how you are feeling. You have raised a good son and as many others have told me, it's time for them to be on their own. We have reached our goal and can only hope and pray that they abide by what we've taught them. Big hugs to you this weekend. My thoughts and prayers will be with your family.

p.s. I just learned that my DH's niece's son left for Parris Island two weeks ago. Maybe Jacob and Dylan will become boot camp buddies.

logcabincreations
08-22-2008, 02:13 PM
Thank you Joanne. I will pray for your dh's niece's son too.

scraphappy908
08-22-2008, 02:36 PM
Special hugs and good wishes are being sent your way this coming weekend. I will keep Jacob in my prayers. It sounds like he has had an excellent start in life and you should be proud. Take care.

flyingflower
08-22-2008, 02:37 PM
(((((hugs)))))

logcabincreations
08-22-2008, 02:43 PM
Special hugs and good wishes are being sent your way this coming weekend. I will keep Jacob in my prayers. It sounds like he has had an excellent start in life and you should be proud. Take care.

Thanks Amy I really appreciate it.

logcabincreations
08-22-2008, 02:44 PM
(((((hugs)))))

Thank you sis.

Kokopelli
08-22-2008, 02:45 PM
I'll be praying for your son. He sounds like a fine young man and I wish him every success.

My husband's nephew just left a couple of weeks ago to go to Army boot camp. His name is Michael and he really needs prayers. His life is a big mess and this will either make or break him.

Christie
08-22-2008, 03:02 PM
Oh Jan I know you must really be filled with so many emotions right now. I will keep him and you in my prayers and thoughts. Lot's of hugs being sent your way!!! (((((((HUGS)))))))

My3Ds
08-22-2008, 03:29 PM
((((((((( ))))))))) to all of you. Thanks to your ds for volunteering to protect our country. I wish I had advice on how to survive boot camp (for both you and him). Maybe Ethel's family can offer some insight.

logcabincreations
08-22-2008, 03:30 PM
I'll be praying for your son. He sounds like a fine young man and I wish him every success.

My husband's nephew just left a couple of weeks ago to go to Army boot camp. His name is Michael and he really needs prayers. His life is a big mess and this will either make or break him.

Thank you; and I'll add Michael to my prayer list too.

logcabincreations
08-22-2008, 03:31 PM
Oh Jan I know you must really be filled with so many emotions right now. I will keep him and you in my prayers and thoughts. Lot's of hugs being sent your way!!! (((((((HUGS)))))))

Thank you sis.

logcabincreations
08-22-2008, 03:31 PM
((((((((( ))))))))) to all of you. Thanks to your ds for volunteering to protect our country. I wish I had advice on how to survive boot camp (for both you and him). Maybe Ethel's family can offer some insight.

Thanks so much.

toao
08-22-2008, 05:10 PM
Jan, I will be praying for Jacob....and for you.

iloveflipflops
08-22-2008, 06:46 PM
Oh sis ... this must be so hard for you right now. Here's a GINORMOUS hug (is that even a word?) LOL You have raised a wonderful son and he is serving our country - what a wonderful thing to do!!! Prayers to all of you!!

ellie
08-22-2008, 06:49 PM
You got it!

Paula Carden
08-22-2008, 07:08 PM
I am sure you have many emotions of being proud of the young man that you have raised, worried that he will be away from home and anxious about where all of this takes him. The one thing that this all says to me-is that you have raised a terrific young man that feels that this is the right thing to do as he quickly races into adulthood. I pray for his safe-keeping and for you and your family for peace.
Thinking of all of you!

logcabincreations
08-22-2008, 11:29 PM
:wubclub: I wuv you all...:cry2: