PDA

View Full Version : Back from my lunch date with Lorraine and Robin's mom

iloveflipflops
08-22-2008, 03:01 PM
Our friend Mary wasn't able to join us. She had to register for college. It was her last day to do it and it was a 2 hour drive each way. She is going to be a para-legal at age 45. GO MARY GO! :) But we still had fun with Judy, Robin's mom. We hadn't seen her since the funeral almost a year ago. Judy still misses Robin very much and she still cries daily. Its going to take a long time for her get over losing her daughter. I'm not sure if you ever get over it actually. I'm so glad we got to spend a few hours with her. It was a nice lunch. I hope we can see her again over the holidays. We also saw Jeff, Robin's husband for a little bit. I forgot to ask him about the ring Robin gave him before she passed away. He is having a very hard time moving on with life in general. The kids are being "teenagers" which is hard for all too.

Overall, we had a nice visit. I must get in touch with Jeff and the kids more often.

Christie
08-22-2008, 03:07 PM
Glad to hear that your lunch went well. I'm sure it's a hard thing losing your child. I'm sure she will always have that pain for the rest of her life. It's good that she has friends like you all!!!

scraphappy908
08-22-2008, 03:10 PM
I was thinking about how your lunch went today. I'm glad you posted to let us know. I'm sure it was a bittersweet meeting. Hopefully time will heal their grief. I'm sorry to hear that Jeff is still having some difficulty. I will continue to keep him and the kids in my thoughts and prayers. Bless you for being such a wonderful friend to them!

My3Ds
08-22-2008, 03:24 PM
Glad you got to spend some time with your friend and Robin's mom. I'm sure it was bittersweet. ((((())))

logcabincreations
08-22-2008, 03:33 PM
Grief is a very difficult thing sometimes...and takes longer for some than it does for others to get through it. Hugs.

tesschap
08-22-2008, 04:45 PM
Sherri - you are such a wonderful friend. I often think of Robin's family and also wonder if her DH kept the ring. Everyone grieves in a different way and everyone comes to peace with their loss at different times and in different ways. When my sister died you couldn't look at my mom cross-eyed or she'd burst into tears for a couple of years and then one day she seemed to accept it and move one. There isn't a day that I don't think of her myself but I let the fond memories put a smile on my face. I will say a prayer for Robin's family.

toao
08-22-2008, 05:08 PM
Sherri, I'm sure you were such a blessing to her today. I'm glad you got a chance to visit.

ellie
08-22-2008, 09:11 PM
I am glad you are keeping in touch with them...I am sure it means the world to them. You are a good friend Sherri.