PDA

View Full Version : I am SO sore!

tesschap
08-22-2008, 04:53 PM
My 3-Day Walk is only five weeks away - GASP - and my friend Lisa and I have kicked up our walking notch! We've been walking 10-15 miles a night for the last four or five nights. My left hip is killing me and I have a nasty blister on the side of my right foot. I'm breaking in two new pair of sneakers this year so hopefully the blisters will be healed before the 26th of September! I've never had problems with my hip before and am guessing it's because Lisa is a talker and as fast as she talks is as fast as she walks :) It took me a while to be able to stay with her on our first few walks!

Lisa is out of town this weekend and we have dinner with my MIL tonight and a wedding tomorrow so I have two days rest. Sunday I'm planning a 16 mile walk so hopefully I'll be pain free by then!

Lisa has been collecting soda bottles and just turned them all in today. She collected $498 in bottles and added the extra $2 to make $500. Her DH's company has an employee match program so he did the donation today and his company match should hit within the next two weeks. We're both getting close to our goal and we're both getting excited for the walk.

We didn't get airfare donated this year so we are driving - 12 1/2 hours to Detroit. I hope we are ok to make the drive home after the walk :)

Christie
08-22-2008, 04:56 PM
WOW! That's a lot of walking! How long does it take to walk that long?

tesschap
08-22-2008, 05:16 PM
When I walk with Lisa we walk about 5 miles in an hour. Alone I walk closer to 4 miles an hour. We do walk briskly :)

Fief14
08-22-2008, 05:34 PM
Well Teresa, there are quite a few of us Metro Detroit Shackies here. If you can't drive home & need a place to rest for a day or two I'm sure we can help you out!:) Keep up the good work. You'll be ready for this event in no time!

CharityHand
08-22-2008, 05:55 PM
Wow! That's impressive. Just think of all the good you're doing for your buns and thighs. Hope the aches and pains go away before the big walk. We just got back from a 12 hour trip. I think I would be dreading that the most.

ccstampin12
08-22-2008, 06:48 PM
WOW! You go, girl!
I might suggest that you take Glucosamine Condroitin for the hip.
I get mine at Wal-Mart....and only Wal-Mart. Unbelievably, the others don't help me.
I take 3 each morning, and my knee and hip are doing well...knock on wood!
Good luck!
HUGS
Joanie

iloveflipflops
08-22-2008, 06:57 PM
WOW!!! You are doing some serious walking AND talking!!! Only 5 weeks to train??!! You better get moving!!! It will be here before you know it!!

Paula Carden
08-22-2008, 08:15 PM
I sure hope the blisters heal before the big walk and that you don't have new ones-
It is for good cause- Congrats for that! I wish I had that sort of ambition to do something so profound and wonderful.
Take care- get some rest.

ellie
08-22-2008, 08:57 PM
Wow, I can't imagine.

Vintagegal
08-22-2008, 09:04 PM
Teresa, We are so proud of you. You are an AMAZING woman. Big hugs to you, your walking buddies and DH. We all wish we could cheer you on, in person, as you train for the big event! God Bless you!

Christie
08-22-2008, 09:05 PM
When I walk with Lisa we walk about 5 miles in an hour. Alone I walk closer to 4 miles an hour. We do walk briskly :)

Well I say you walk pretty fast for doing 4 miles an hour!! I can get two in an hour and that's me walking fast! ARe you tall??? LOL!!!!

cindi
08-22-2008, 09:14 PM
your really in training mode!! I'm so proud of the effort you put into this!!
I wish I could come give you a pedicure..my feet hurt just thinking about yours!
:196:

Sherry
08-22-2008, 09:42 PM
Wow, now thats what I call walking! You should be very proud of your accomplishments. Good luck with your 3 day walk!

shadoob
08-22-2008, 09:53 PM
3 days? 10 -15 miles per night? Oh my! I don't do that much in...oh, say..4 months! C0ngratulations to you!
~Cheryl

tojoco
08-22-2008, 09:54 PM
Teresa, you are fantastic. I wish some of us could be there to cheer you on in person too. You are simply amazing to take on a project of this magnitude. I hope all your aches and pains will be gone by 9/26. Good luck and congrats.

tesschap
08-22-2008, 10:22 PM
Well I say you walk pretty fast for doing 4 miles an hour!! I can get two in an hour and that's me walking fast! ARe you tall??? LOL!!!!

I'm not real tall 5'5". Lisa's about my height but thinner and believe me when I tell you her jaws flap SO fast! I love her dearly but she talks ALL the time :) The good thing is that it makes the time go by fast!

tesschap
08-22-2008, 10:28 PM
Well Teresa, there are quite a few of us Metro Detroit Shackies here. If you can't drive home & need a place to rest for a day or two I'm sure we can help you out!:) Keep up the good work. You'll be ready for this event in no time!

Thanks. Once the route for each day is posted I will post it here in case it's near any of our Michigan Shackies and you want to stop by one of the check points to cheer us on. I know the opening ceremony is at:

Oakland Community College - Orchard Ridge - Friday, 9/26 7:00 AM
27055 Orchard Lake Road
Farmington Hills, MI 48334

and the closing ceremonies are at:

The Henry Ford Museum - Sunday, 9/28 5:30 PM
20900 Oakwood Blvd.
Dearborn, MI 48124

They haven't posted the route or the cheering stations yet.

tesschap
08-22-2008, 10:29 PM
WOW! You go, girl!
I might suggest that you take Glucosamine Condroitin for the hip.
I get mine at Wal-Mart....and only Wal-Mart. Unbelievably, the others don't help me.
I take 3 each morning, and my knee and hip are doing well...knock on wood!
Good luck!
HUGS
Joanie

Thanks Joanie - I haven't heard of this. I will be checking it out.

tesschap
08-22-2008, 10:31 PM
Thanks so much to all of you for your kind words. It seems to get easier (except for my mishap last year) every year. I'm hoping this will be the easiest year for me. I'm already anxious to see where our team will walk next year.

cindi
08-22-2008, 10:33 PM
I think you are my new hero!!!
I should have given you my super comfy clark sandels!!
:wub2:

tesschap
08-22-2008, 10:36 PM
I think you are my new hero!!!
I should have given you my super comfy clark sandels!!
:wub2:

Oh you are so sweet :) I'd take your super comfy clark's in a heart beat :)

midnitecreations
08-22-2008, 10:38 PM
Wow Teresa, that's a lot of walking. You're one amazing woman and wish I could cheer you in person, but know I will definitely be cheering for you in my heart!

cindi
08-22-2008, 10:39 PM
lets see if we can meet at shackapalooza..and I'll hand them over! you are a size 9 right??
:)

tesschap
08-22-2008, 10:41 PM
lets see if we can meet at shackapalooza..and I'll hand them over! you are a size 9 right??
I'm an 8 1/2 but I think I can fit into a comfy Clark 9 :)

cindi
08-22-2008, 10:44 PM
I'm an 8 1/2 but I think I can fit into a comfy Clark 9 :)

they are worth it!! and I'd love to see ya again!!
BTW..hows the boating?

tesschap
08-22-2008, 10:47 PM
they are worth it!! and I'd love to see ya again!!
BTW..hows the boating?

I'd love to see you again too. Boating is going ok. We didn't get the boat out at all for the last three weeks. Last night we went out to watch the fireworks - it was a perfect summer night. We have a wedding tomorrow - the hottest day of the year but hopefully we'll get to go out on Sunday. I'm sure you are missing your boat this summer :(

cindi
08-22-2008, 10:52 PM
mostly the big events..but I have been a busy girl working..so thta helps.
I really think that i I want to do the shacka palooza..and Dave says not him! lol..too fra to drive for him..unless we make a 2 week holiday of it..gotta love Dave!:notworthy:
but if I don't go tropical this winter..I think I;m in!
are you going? have you thought of it?

tesschap
08-22-2008, 11:02 PM
mostly the big events..but I have been a busy girl working..so thta helps.
I really think that i I want to do the shacka palooza..and Dave says not him! lol..too fra to drive for him..unless we make a 2 week holiday of it..gotta love Dave!:notworthy:
but if I don't go tropical this winter..I think I;m in!
are you going? have you thought of it?
I'm not sure if I am going. I would like to but we're going to FL the end of October for two weeks. I'll have to work on DH a little. It does sound like fun :)

cindi
08-22-2008, 11:06 PM
I'm pretty sure there are many jokes I could make about working on your dh would give your sore feet a rest..but I'm not going to say any of them!!:goofy:
I really am looking into this thoigh..and it would be great tosee you again..of course if this does nopt pan out Mass may be in again..you know Dave says he has a better hotel scoped out!
lol

tesschap
08-22-2008, 11:09 PM
You crack me up Cindi :)

I'm definitely up for West Springfield next year and will work on DH for shackapalooza.

cindi
08-22-2008, 11:12 PM
sounds great! now I gottta go..man why do I work so early on Staurdays??
lol

Fief14
08-22-2008, 11:32 PM
Keep us Michigan girls posted with all the details. I'd love to get a group together to cheer you on. I think it would be a lot of fun! Farmington Hills and Dearborn are about 45 minutes away depending on the traffic.

logcabincreations
08-22-2008, 11:44 PM
You girls are so inspirational! I'm so proud of what you are doing. Take advantage of your free weekend and let your hip and foot heal. I bet you girls will be the fastest walking team in the 3-day walk! You are in my thoughts and prayers, and I will be cheering you on!!!!