PDA

View Full Version : I got asked to do a card making class

Polkadotspot
08-22-2008, 06:21 PM
and I have never done one before. Few if any of the ladies who will be attending have ever made a card...most will be totally new to this fun hobby. I was wondering if anyone knows of a site that has basic supply lists and such that I could run and give to the ladies. Also, how many cards should I plan for them to make in a 2 hour period of time? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Polkadospot

firefly
08-22-2008, 07:47 PM
Welcome to The Shack Polkadotspot! Great name! Many of the ladies here have taught classes so I'm sure they will have lots of tips for your adventure - most of all have fun with it!

Christie
08-22-2008, 09:13 PM
Cognrats on the new gig!! I hope it turns out really well for you!

JBgreendawn
08-22-2008, 09:30 PM
before i would give you answers i would ask more questions...

but, around here a basic class kit is, sharp scissors, portable paper trimmer, bone folder, glue dots, dry glue, liquid glue...
black pen and a pencil...

now at all the classes i taught ask me how many people brought a class kit to it> (none, so i had extra tools of everything)

what ever you end up making its a good idea to put your instructions into a word doc. and print them out, because even though they can see your class samples on the table some people will not "get it" listening to you talk they will have to read the words... and some people may not know how to use the tools make sure you show them how things work so you don't go home with a bag of broken things.

ask the store what they have for people in the class to borrow.

what is the theme of your cards you are making?

GrammaStamper
08-22-2008, 10:12 PM
I would add that if all participants are new to stamping and cardmaking, I would only make two cards at the most. They will all have difficulties with the measurements and you will be repeating everything at least 3 times If you can pre-cut the cardstock and papers, that would save lots of time.