PDA

View Full Version : Wordles on good-bye card

Far North
08-23-2008, 12:42 AM
I had read info about this site for some time but when two friends, Shirley (a new lurking shackie) and Joni (Kix) both nudged me within a few days of one another to give this a try. I decided it was time…and indeed it was tons of fun! Here is my card (http://stamp-shack.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=17921&limit=recent). Thanks ladies for that extra encouragement!

At the wordle site (http://wordle.net/) you can add a list of words and the computer puts into an artsy format. You can repeat words in your list that you want to be a larger size. If you want 2 or more words to remain together fill in the blanks between the words with the ~ key. The program allows you to change the directions of the words, colors and fonts. Every time you change font the layout will also change. Once you have a design you like, it can be resized or cropped in a photo editing program (like Photoshop elements etc). You can copy the image with Alt - print screen on your keyboard. Open a new file in the program and paste ctrl-v. Enjoy!

Please post how this works for you! Happy playin!

midnitecreations
08-23-2008, 01:47 AM
I love your card. Will definitely have to try this site out.

Sherry
08-23-2008, 05:46 AM
How neat, Jan!! I have never heard of this site but I can see it as being quite useful.

I LOVE your card!! It is so unique and is so fitting!

loobylou
08-23-2008, 07:24 AM
I don't have photoshop- I wonder if I can still use it? I love the card you made.

shadoob
08-23-2008, 08:59 AM
That is SO WAY COOL!!!
Sarah, I don't have photo shop either....and it worked fine.
I love it.
THANKS for the tip!
~Cheryl

toao
08-23-2008, 09:34 AM
Okay, I could play half the day with this. I've already printed 3 things to use. How do you get it to print "card size" though? Mine is taking up the whole sheet of paper.

Far North
08-23-2008, 09:47 AM
Mary--do you have a photo image program where you adjust the size of the a picture-like Photoshop Elements? I copied and pasted into that software program to crop and get the size I wanted...details are written in the last 2 lines of my directions above.

Isn't it fun to play with?!!!

GrammaStamper
08-23-2008, 10:20 AM
Jan, I love your card. Thanks for showing us this site, it will be quite useful, I'm sure.

Paula Carden
08-23-2008, 10:52 AM
Great card Jan, I could not make it work. I will have to play more.

Paula Carden
08-23-2008, 11:19 AM
Got it now -maybe I will use those for the background for the cards with for the blankets for the troops if I can pick out enough suitable words.

Kokopelli
08-23-2008, 11:31 AM
Great card! Thanks for the tip about that site! I think it could become addictive! LOL!

tojoco
08-23-2008, 03:21 PM
OMG, thanks Jan. I have been playing and playing with this website. This is right up my alley. I love it. Also love your card. I'm sure I'll be using this website quite often.

Far North
08-23-2008, 05:46 PM
Using wordle without your own special image programs-
On the Wordle site there is a FAQ section at the top right of the page. Near the bottom of the list it addresses creating a PDF for cropping and resizing with more details than I posted here. It a also offers a link to some free software that could be used if you don't have a program.

As Sherri is already trying to get us think ahead to Christmas presents it comes to mind that a wordle could be printed on iron-on transfers and added to any fabric-T-shirts, totes, jeans and could be enhanced with stamped images.

mom_on_line
08-23-2008, 07:37 PM
Cute! Thanks for sharing it!

I had a t-shirt made off the words off my blog a good while back. But this is great!

threefriends91
08-23-2008, 10:38 PM
Thanks Jan l'll keep this and give it a try after l move.it looks awesome..l love your card it is awesome.