PDA

View Full Version : Ok lets get honest for a minute...

mydogstinks2
08-23-2008, 06:05 PM
I just plain give up on cleaning house!!! I give up and I just do not care what it looks like. :P I mean for crying out load I have 5 dogs and 4 cats of corse there is going to be pet hair every where. There are dog toys all over the floor and slobber on the windows. :wacko:

Now don't get me wrong we do not live like slobs here. I'm just not gonna kill myself to clean because I have friends coming over tomorrow. So what if they have to step over a dog toy on the tour. I don't even care that there is a pile of papers and mail and who knows what else all around the computer.

I'm going to enjoy the rest of my Saturday. Go craft a few things and make some brownies!!

cindi
08-23-2008, 06:07 PM
rock on girlfriend!
:spinny:

teabear
08-23-2008, 06:08 PM
Clean enough to be healthy and messy enough to be happy works for me :) enjoy your day.

workin4stamps
08-23-2008, 06:10 PM
I'm SURE that your friends that are coming over are coming over to see YOU and not your HOUSE!!!!! Who cares!!!!!!!!!

:-)

mydogstinks2
08-23-2008, 06:24 PM
I'm SURE that your friends that are coming over are coming over to see YOU and not your HOUSE!!!!! Who cares!!!!!!!!!

:-)

Ya I know, who would not wanna come see me! LOL

HeatherJ
08-23-2008, 06:40 PM
Good for me! I took that attitude on when I started stamping!

midnitecreations
08-23-2008, 06:50 PM
I always say that if my friends come over to see me, they're always welcome. If they came over to see a spotless house, I'll give them direction to the nearest model open house!

iloveflipflops
08-23-2008, 07:50 PM
If you have brownies there, I'm coming now :). Have you gotten anything in the mail from me lately? Anything GREEN??????

tojoco
08-23-2008, 07:54 PM
If they're true friends they shouldn't give a darn what your house looks like. They're suppose to be coming to see you not a centerfold house beautiful. I have a plaque by my back door that reads, "My house was clean last week; too bad you missed it!"

Christie
08-23-2008, 07:54 PM
Well I'm with the rest, who cares! They probably don't care what your house look like!

JBgreendawn
08-23-2008, 09:36 PM
oooh are the brownies done yet???
:)

Kokopelli
08-23-2008, 09:39 PM
Can you remember what the last friend's house you visited looked like? Not me! I go to see THEM not their dust! I have plenty of my own!

ellie
08-23-2008, 09:50 PM
Good for you! If they don't like it they can clean it up!!!

GrammaStamper
08-23-2008, 09:51 PM
Me, too! I don't keep a spotless house for people coming over. I keep a clean house for me, but it's by no means show quality. I like to play and enjoy myself, too.

mahodgman
08-23-2008, 09:54 PM
I hear ya! I do have to make sure the bathroom is clean before company comes over. I do draw the line there....lol No one likes a dirty toilet!

hutchink
08-23-2008, 09:55 PM
I totally agree! With two young kids- we have toys every where! They do like to vacuum and dust though! :) Which is good since I would rather play in my studio any day then clean!

shadoob
08-23-2008, 10:05 PM
yeah! I KNEW you were my type of gals! Brownies and a cluttered house...I'm in..(oh yeah- I'm already here in one!)
~Cheryl

threefriends91
08-23-2008, 10:07 PM
l agree life is to short..enjoy your home and friends...after all you should be yourself with your friends..if you have to put on a show for them are they really your friends..

stampcrazyjulie
08-24-2008, 12:30 AM
I am SO with you on this one!! :)

I have a plaque on my front door that states, " Please excuse the Noise and Mess....my Kids are making happy memories!"

I STILL get so stressed when Guests arrive unannounced....I am always feeling like I have to be apologetic and make excuses which makes me mad that I feel like I have to make excuses in the first place!

My Sister is no help....she has given me a permanent complex about my House. She is always commenting about something not being clean enough or my Stamp stuff in almost all rooms of the House (she is obviously NOT a Stamper!!) I finally told her if you are coming to see my House instead of the Kids & myself, then let me know & I will set the cleaning supplies out for her and she can dive right in and help out!

Julie

JBgreendawn
08-24-2008, 09:55 AM
I am SO with you on this one!! :)

I have a plaque on my front door that states, " Please excuse the Noise and Mess....my Kids are making happy memories!"

I STILL get so stressed when Guests arrive unannounced....I am always feeling like I have to be apologetic and make excuses which makes me mad that I feel like I have to make excuses in the first place!

My Sister is no help....she has given me a permanent complex about my House. She is always commenting about something not being clean enough or my Stamp stuff in almost all rooms of the House (she is obviously NOT a Stamper!!) I finally told her if you are coming to see my House instead of the Kids & myself, then let me know & I will set the cleaning supplies out for her and she can dive right in and help out!

Julie

Julie, tell your sister if she's coming to see the house to make an appointment.
If shes coming to see you and the kids feel free to drop by if she see's your home..

here, have one of these brownies... they got stuck in my head so i had to make some too...

CharityHand
08-24-2008, 04:35 PM
I love your way of thinking. My biggest problem is laundry. I just can't keep up with five people. It just is not possible. I keep a basket in the corner of my bedroom at all times. I fold a couple loads, put themaway and then immediately wash a couple more. It does not stop!!!!! I have learned to live with it althought my husband has not quite adjusted but he'll be ok, but don't get me started on orphan socks.

Elaine H.
09-09-2008, 06:08 PM
You sound like me!
I have 5 dogs, 4 cats and we have 6 aquariums!

I am new to the shack... today is my first day!

Erin K
09-09-2008, 07:40 PM
You sound like me!
I have 5 dogs, 4 cats and we have 6 aquariums!

I am new to the shack... today is my first day!

Welcome Elaine!

Chris I totally support you in this! I don't worry at all about toys and stuff out.

And if I visit someone and there is nothing decaying within my sight I'm fine. (I have to say that because in my church service I've seen some things that I cannot say I didn't interally freak about) :)

logcabincreations
09-09-2008, 09:31 PM
Well...I always clean before company if I have good notice they are coming, but the rest of the time my house is what it is...lived in. Nothing is ever completely in its place. I don't care about that too much. But it's only the living/dining/kitchen (all in one room) and 1 bathroom that I clean...lol....the rest of the house I just shut the doors.

Now my basement is another story....I would not let Margo down there when she visited. :nah: It's an accident waiting to happen...lol

flyingflower
09-10-2008, 08:52 AM
I have lots of clutter. If you are coming to visit I will make sure: there are no brads rolling around loose on the guest bed, that the stamping/crafting tools are off the dining table and the couch in the family room, that the paint brushes are off the counter by the sink. The dishes and sheets and toilets and sinks and shower will all be clean, but my dust bunnies will be hanging around waiting to meet you :D