PDA

View Full Version : We are back home

logcabincreations
08-24-2008, 03:00 PM
from taking Jacob to the recruiting office. I cried just a little bit, and I know that the reason I didn't have a complete meltdown is because of all the prayers.

This morning I got up and felt really good. I made pancakes and sausage for my family. Jacob's girlfriend, Victoria, and Justin's girlfriend, Casey, came over around 10am. Justin's best friend Andrea came over too. So Perry, Justin, Jordan, the girls and I left around 11:00 to head to the recruiting office to wait for the shuttle to come pick Jacob up. He had some last minute paperwork to do, and Sgt. Andreas (Jacob's recruiter) gave us some information about graduation which is scheduled for November 21. Took some pictures and said our goodbyes to Jacob around noon.

It was one of hardest things I've ever had to do in my life--watching my son get on that shuttle and shedding a few tears of his own.

Paula Carden
08-24-2008, 03:09 PM
Oh Jan-sending positive thoughts your way! It is not too long until November 21.
Will he be allowed to come home for a visit before then, where will he be for the next several weeks?
Was he excited? It is a big step for both of you.
Thinking of you!

iloveflipflops
08-24-2008, 03:09 PM
Oh Jan. I want to cry for you. I bet it was hard to say goodbye. When will you see him again?

logcabincreations
08-24-2008, 03:14 PM
We won't get to see him until Family Day November 20th (unless there is a family emergency...God forbid). He has 12 weeks of bootcamp.

teabear
08-24-2008, 03:49 PM
Sending you lots of hugs

shuggy
08-24-2008, 04:07 PM
that must be hard, jan. we're here for you.

scraphappy908
08-24-2008, 04:26 PM
Oh Jan, I can't imagine how difficult it's been for you. I'm sending good wishes and hugs your way and extra special prayers for Jacob that he will do well throughout his bootcamp experience.

loobylou
08-24-2008, 06:31 PM
here's a big hug for you ((((Jan)))))

Christie
08-24-2008, 06:44 PM
Oh Jan don't worry about not crying much, I've just cried enough for both of us. I know you are so proud of your son and it had to be a hard day for all of you. Here's a BIG hug ((((((HUGS))))))

dreis1
08-24-2008, 07:11 PM
Big hugs to you Jan. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you. Glinda

ellie
08-24-2008, 07:31 PM
I can't imagine Jan. I am sending you a big hug.

Kokopelli
08-24-2008, 07:42 PM
I can imagine how hard that must have been. I'm so proud of him - and all those who are serving in the military. Stay strong, Mom!

My3Ds
08-24-2008, 08:23 PM
Glad I wasn't there for morale. I'd have been no help as I'm crying here. Sending you big hugs and positive thoughts to all of you.

logcabincreations
08-24-2008, 10:59 PM
Thank you all so much. I logged on the computer tonight shortly after 10pm, and then I just started bawling. Jordan (my youngest) came over and hugged me and said it will be alright mom. I know it will. It just feels so strange...unlike any feeling I've ever had before....my firstborn baby all grown up and on his own!

Jacob called around 9pm tonight and Perry talked to him as I had not gotten home from church yet. He was able to get in a short nap before they stopped for lunch. He is at a hotel -- rooming tonight with a new recruit who will be going to MEPS (sp?) tomorrow for his first physical and tests. Jacob will have to get up around 4am in the morning to start his journey to Parris Island, SC. He said he will call us Monday night.

tojoco
08-24-2008, 11:35 PM
Jan, I didn't see this post before I posted the other one. I know exactly how you feel. I cried again just reading this post. It is very difficult to let them go but we don't have a choice. They grow up all too fast. Sending tight cyberhugs to you.

Mrs. Fence
08-24-2008, 11:39 PM
Big hugs for you, Jan. I'll keep your Jacob in my prayers - and you too! You must be terribly proud of him.

flyingflower
08-25-2008, 08:48 AM
I almost called you last night, but things kept distracting me and it wasn't until this morning that I remembered wanting to call you. I guess we were communicating anyway and you were letting me know you were at church.

Jordan is quite the little man - and I'm glad he is still at the "hugs for mom are ok" stage :)

ChristyR
08-25-2008, 09:03 AM
oh Jan I know that was very hard for you as a mother I feel your pain, i will keep you in my thoughts and prayers, good luck

tesschap
08-25-2008, 09:19 AM
Sending you a BIG hug. I hope the time goes by fast until the Family Day.

cecescraps
08-25-2008, 11:04 AM
Stay strong Jan~ I know it must be very hard and I be thinking and praying for you both in the coming days.

hutchink
08-25-2008, 11:08 AM
Oh Sis, sending you a huge hug! Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!

mydogstinks2
08-25-2008, 11:17 AM
I can't imagine how hard that must have been. I'm sure it was nice to have everyone there with you!