PDA

View Full Version : I got all my money back!!

lakeslady
08-25-2008, 10:29 AM
Thank you girls for all your listening ears.

Many of you will be aware that we had our bank account wiped out due to a debit card scam.

To cut along story short, you will be pleased to know that we had all our money re embursed by our bank on Friday.

Because we had not been negligent in any way, and the fault was not ours......the bank paid us back in full.

Mind you that was not before I had a few irate phone calls with various people and ended up writing to the banks chief executive officer.

We conduct our bank accounts with care and courtsey and we expect the same back from the people who handle our affairs.

My biggest bone of contention was, just not the fact that the money was missing, but how communications were handled during this time.

Automated telephone systems are a big bone of contention in a situation as stressful as this was.:realmad:
Trying to remember and then punch in ban account numbers, bank sort codes, DOB, etc was near in possible , even if you could remember them!!
Why oh why cannot help lines be manned by real people???

When I did manage to speak to "real people" their attitude was blase to say the least. After all it was MY money that had disappeared NOT theirs.

Their customer care services statement says that they really care..........I dont think so, and I decided to do something about it.

Within 48 hours of sending off 4 letters to various indivduals of high ranking status within the banking system I had my money back in my bank account.
No apologises as of yet, but I have had at least 2 letters back saying they are investigating my official complaint.

Points..........ME...... 1 ..... Bank NIL!!!!!:rolleyes:

mydogstinks2
08-25-2008, 10:31 AM
I'm so glad you have your money back! What a pain to go through.

scrappinnuts
08-25-2008, 10:42 AM
Wow that was really fast... Had this happen to me twice this year... and my bank... A credit union... has been great...just a big hassel having to change account numbers and such... So glad it turned out great for you...sorry it was such a problem.

hutchink
08-25-2008, 11:09 AM
I am so happy you got your money back! What a pain to have to go though all this to get it your money back!

toao
08-25-2008, 11:11 AM
Hooray! So glad you got that starightened out!

GrammaStamper
08-25-2008, 11:14 AM
Jan, so glad you money has been returned. It is my personal policy that when I am dissatisfied with customer service, I start at the top, sending emails or letters to the CEO. I've had to do this three times in the past few years and every one of my complaints has been resolved promptly and to my satisfaction. You know what they say, "Poo-poo flows downhill!"

logcabincreations
08-25-2008, 11:17 AM
This is a scary world we live in today for sure. I'm so glad you have your money back. I hope you cancelled that debit card.

cecescraps
08-25-2008, 11:26 AM
Whew! Glad u got your funds back and I hope your bank will listen and learn from your experience.

teabear
08-25-2008, 11:40 AM
So glad it's resolved and you can rest a bit easier. I share your concerns about how difficult it is to get through to a live person. I'm very dissatisfied with speaking to a robot.

jazzypurple853
08-25-2008, 11:45 AM
I'm glad that you got your money back. I don't blame you for being upset with the automated phone system.

Vintagegal
08-25-2008, 11:46 AM
Joan, I love how you've stood up for yourself. It's very easy for banks and corporations to understand where you sit, because you're right....it's not their personal money that was lost. Good for you! I'm glad you sent out those letters! They deserve to know that their customer service was lacking. I'm also thrilled to hear that you got all of your money back.

Christie
08-25-2008, 11:53 AM
I'm so happy to hear this!! Yippee!!! You know sometimes it just takes a little elbow grease to get things done.

ccstampin12
08-25-2008, 02:16 PM
So happy you got your money back, and I hope the bank will learn some rules of dealing with customers in similar situations!
HUGS
Joanie

My3Ds
08-25-2008, 02:20 PM
Glad to hear that you were reimbursed. What a relief.

JBgreendawn
08-25-2008, 06:35 PM
Joan that is such great news!
:)

shadoob
08-25-2008, 06:47 PM
Great news! Good for you in contacting the top dogs. ~Cheryl

maxiesmom
08-25-2008, 09:02 PM
I am SO happy for you, Joan!! It is very frustrating to have to deal with these idiots, but in the end it worked out and hopefully you will still get some satisfaction regarding the lack of service as well.

Artyfarty
08-26-2008, 03:31 AM
WTG girl on you getting your monies back...Glad it is all sorted xxxxx

midnitecreations
08-26-2008, 08:13 AM
That's really terrific that you got your money back. And good on you for sending letters out to the management and letting them how their staff treats their customers!

mom_on_line
08-26-2008, 09:45 AM
Oh, gosh! I'm glad you got your money back! Hate those darn automated robots!