PDA

View Full Version : My apologies to Margo

logcabincreations
08-26-2008, 03:57 PM
She called last night a little before 9pm and I couldn't talk long on the phone because we were waiting on a call from Jacob (from Parris Island.) I'm sorry Margo...my stress level is way up, but it's starting to come down.

Jacob called precisely at 9pm and Perry answered the phone. His message went something like this:

Perry answered "Hello". Jacob said "Who is speaking?" (Perry said this is Perry Stinnette.) "This is Private First Class Jacob Stinnette. I have arrived safely at Parris Island. I will contact you soon by mail. Do not write until I send you my address. Goodbye." I think the phone call lasted less than 5 seconds.

Well guess what?? I mailed a letter on August 25 because his recruiter gave me the address. Hope it's o.k. and he gets it. :wacko: The Family Guide said I could start sending letters right away.

Vintagegal
08-26-2008, 04:00 PM
(I apologize for hijacking this thread...) WOW! I didn't know they had to be that formal. Wow, Jan. What did your DH say? How are you doing?

Stay strong, Momma! Jacob probably has a really good understanding of how stressed you and your husband are, right now. Hang in there! We love ya...... BIG (((( HUGS ))) from our family to yours.

logcabincreations
08-26-2008, 04:02 PM
I'm doing better today. I know I sounded stressed out to Margo last night, but she was so gracious (love you Margo.)

I appreciate everyone's prayers...and all the support and hugs I am getting from my Shack pals.

Trishlvscards
08-26-2008, 04:05 PM
Wow I didn't know they had to be that formal either. Sending you a super big hug!!!!

cindi
08-26-2008, 04:12 PM
I guess it's basic training for the family too.
hang in , sis
:)

midnitecreations
08-26-2008, 04:12 PM
Hugs coming your way. I married my DH after he had already joined and been in a couple of years. Can't imagine how stressful that must be to wait for a call and then get just that. Well, at least you know he arrived safely and has obviously settled in.

workin4stamps
08-26-2008, 04:13 PM
wow!! I'm really glad he called, but geez! I'm not sure how I would feel about that. My heart goes out to you Jan!

flyingflower
08-26-2008, 05:09 PM
oh, goodness gracious girlfriend! No apology necessary. I thought I'd give you a little sunshine and didn't realize I was calling during prime time. If I had thought about it I would have called tonight instead. Hmmmm....I guess I CAN call tonight! LOL

My workmate told me it was the same formal call she got last year from her son. Guess its part of the process.

maxiesmom
08-26-2008, 05:33 PM
Oh heck I don't even know how I missed that Jacob was going into the service. I'm so sorry the call was so short, hopefully he will still receive your letter. Know that he's thinking about you all and that we are all here for YOU!
big hugs!

hutchink
08-26-2008, 10:18 PM
Big hugs SIS! We know how hard this is for you!