PDA

View Full Version : oh am i the happiest girl in all the land?

shuggy
08-28-2008, 12:58 AM
probably not. but i am pretty happy at a discovery i made tonight!! i was planning on asking for the new big shot from su for my birthday. i ordered the notecard die just in hopes that it might work in the cuttlebug. then my cute mom told me they did not. so i had prepped kerry for how much they were (and got the...you need another gizmo to craft with?) and he decided it was ok. well, i experimented tonight and it does indeed work in the cuttlebug!! oh happy day!!! no need to buy another thing when i have one that will work!!! now kerry can get me more cutting dies!!!

allinkdup
08-28-2008, 01:28 AM
so what size is this die? And you are saying that it DOES fit in the cuttlebug? YEEHAW!

shuggy
08-28-2008, 01:35 AM
it is this one (http://stamp-shack.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=17874&ppuser=15&sl=m)that mary (i borrowed your card, mary!) used to make this card. it's the top note bigz die.

yes, it does fit!! you just have to find the right combo of plates.

Christie
08-28-2008, 07:38 AM
I'm glad you made the discovery!!!! Think of all the goodies you can get with the money instead of just one thing!!!!!! I'm guessing it's like one of the sizzix large die's. You only need the two b plates; no white.

GrammaStamper
08-28-2008, 07:41 AM
I'm glad you made the discovery!!!! Think of all the goodies you can get with the money instead of just one thing!!!!!! I'm guessing it's like one of the sizzix large die's. You only need the two b plates; no white.

Christie, I'm amazed at all the combinations you know about the Cuttlebug and what works with what. You are the Cuttlebug Queen in my books!

maxiesmom
08-28-2008, 07:48 AM
Christie, I'm amazed at all the combinations you know about the Cuttlebug and what works with what. You are the Cuttlebug Queen in my books!

She sure is, Barb! She helped me when I was the proud owner of a Bug!

lakeslady
08-28-2008, 07:54 AM
I was as delighted as you shuggy, when I found I could use the cuttlebug folders in my old sizzex machine. Now I have quite a sizeable collection of folders (including some of the new Christmas ones) and the Sizzex is back in use again LOL

mahodgman
08-28-2008, 08:33 AM
Angie, I think most of the new dies work in the CB, but I'm still not so sure about the BigzXL ones (baskets and blooms and Pennant). I forgot to order the Extended Cutting Pads with my pre-order which you need with those two dies. The die all by itself does fit through my CB, but I don't know if the whole sandwich will fit until I get the pads. And, I don't want to pay $6.95 for shipping to order them all by themselves, so I'm going to wait. I was thinking about trying just a portion of the die with the regular sized cutting pads just to see but I haven't done it yet. I'll keep you posted.

MsQuesMom
08-28-2008, 08:39 AM
I have one Bigz die and they don't work in the CB. I also have the BigKick so it's all good, but it would have been great to get done to just one machine.

MsQuesMom
08-28-2008, 08:40 AM
Also, the new Curly Label punch from SU is in the new set of label shapes from Spellbinders. I am waiting for my order of them. It will be 6 sizes of this same style!

workin4stamps
08-28-2008, 09:25 AM
Like Mary said, I was under the impression that they would all work in a cuttlebug except for the XL dies.

I think I did hear someone say that they had tried an XL die though, and found a way to make it work. I would sure like to know if anyone finds out!!!

mahodgman
08-28-2008, 09:51 AM
Like Mary said, I was under the impression that they would all work in a cuttlebug except for the XL dies.

I think I did hear someone say that they had tried an XL die though, and found a way to make it work. I would sure like to know if anyone finds out!!!

Did you order any of the Bigz XL dies? And do you have the extended cutting mats? If you do, then you can be our teacher! I saw a cute purse made with the Baskets and Blooms die on this blog today http://confessionsofaribbonaddict.blogspot.com/index.html Isn't that cute? I want to try one with little note cards inside.